Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Blackstone griddle table

cmcleancmclean Posts: 45
I have been considering making a table that can hold not just my EGG but also my 36" blackstone.  

Have any of yall built yours into a table like this?  Trying to make some decisions on whether or not I want the griddle to be flush with the table top like the first picture or above like the second.

Image result for custom blackstone table
Image result for custom blackstone table
Large & 36" Blackstone
Memphis, TN

Comments

• TEXASBGE2018TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 1,324
    Do a search for Outdoor Kitchens on here. There are several dozen photos of people with built in eggs with blackstones but most of the time they are not Tables but outdoor kitchens with cabinets and granite or stone. As far as the two photos I prefer the bottom one. Having it flushmount is nice but remember you gotta clean it and I would think elevated would make that job easier. Depending on where your drip pan is makes a difference probably also.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, 36" Stainless Blackstone Griddle, Contemplating which size Egg to get next. Cast Iron Hoarder.

"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"- Davy Crockett

• KevinboatrightKevinboatright Posts: 143
    I have been thinking about doing something like this as well.
    I like the first design better because when building you can leave space to drop a finished piece of wood over the Blackstone to increase table top space when not in use, and it doubles as a cover. 
    Atlanta, GA 

Large BGE, 22" Blackstone, Weber Genesis E 310 
  • TEXASBGE2018TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 1,324
    I have been thinking about doing something like this as well.
    I like the first design better because when building you can leave space to drop a finished piece of wood over the Blackstone to increase table top space when not in use, and it doubles as a cover. 

or just get a nice Stainless cover from @Tspud1 ; =)

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, 36" Stainless Blackstone Griddle, Contemplating which size Egg to get next. Cast Iron Hoarder.

"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"- Davy Crockett

• FastfishFastfish Posts: 26
    Check out woodbydana.com

• flyingbrassflyingbrass Posts: 1
    nice!
  • blastingblasting Posts: 5,878

I like the metal table, but I'd want a non wood top - especially for a Blackstone.
    As I'm sure you're aware, it can kick off some heat.  

Phoenix 
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 27,873
    I agree with Blasting.   In particular, the recessed orientation exhausts below the table.  

• cmcleancmclean Posts: 45
    Thank for the opinions guys. 

I defiantly like the flush design better for the reasons listed above.  My biggest concern was the grease catch.  I would do an aluminum top so I am not worried about the heat.
    Large & 36" Blackstone
    Memphis, TN

• thetrimthetrim Posts: 6,511
    That first picture looks awesome.  Start practicing shooting shrimp into your guests' mouths.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95