Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Blackstone griddle table

cmclean
cmclean Posts: 45
I have been considering making a table that can hold not just my EGG but also my 36" blackstone.  

Have any of yall built yours into a table like this?  Trying to make some decisions on whether or not I want the griddle to be flush with the table top like the first picture or above like the second.

Image result for custom blackstone table
Image result for custom blackstone table
Large & 36" Blackstone
Memphis, TN

Comments

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Do a search for Outdoor Kitchens on here. There are several dozen photos of people with built in eggs with blackstones but most of the time they are not Tables but outdoor kitchens with cabinets and granite or stone. As far as the two photos I prefer the bottom one. Having it flushmount is nice but remember you gotta clean it and I would think elevated would make that job easier. Depending on where your drip pan is makes a difference probably also.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• I have been thinking about doing something like this as well.
    I like the first design better because when building you can leave space to drop a finished piece of wood over the Blackstone to increase table top space when not in use, and it doubles as a cover. 
    Atlanta, GA 

LBGE, Mini-Max, Mini, 1995 BGE Chiminea, 22" Blackstone, Weber Genesis E-310. 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    I have been thinking about doing something like this as well.
    I like the first design better because when building you can leave space to drop a finished piece of wood over the Blackstone to increase table top space when not in use, and it doubles as a cover. 

or just get a nice Stainless cover from @Tspud1 =)

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Fastfish
    Fastfish Posts: 31
    Check out woodbydana.com

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262

I like the metal table, but I'd want a non wood top - especially for a Blackstone.
    As I'm sure you're aware, it can kick off some heat.  

Phoenix 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I agree with Blasting.   In particular, the recessed orientation exhausts below the table.  
    Thank for the opinions guys. 

I defiantly like the flush design better for the reasons listed above.  My biggest concern was the grease catch.  I would do an aluminum top so I am not worried about the heat.
    Large & 36" Blackstone
    Memphis, TN

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    That first picture looks awesome.  Start practicing shooting shrimp into your guests' mouths.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95