Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ever used, much less heard of Gochujang?

Options
13»

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    HA! Just had a brain fart that reminded me that in our pantry we had some Korean BBQ sauce that somebody gavè me. And yes it says on the label Korean Pear & Apple. Though the ingredients are in tiny type I think I made out "this and that" meaning I may have what I intend to use on baby back ribs on Sunday diluted along with this "stuff" that this d@mn spelling correcter keeps over riding!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    RRP said:
    This month's cooks illustrated magazine has a recipe in it for Gochujang - I'll see if I can get that posted for anyone interested
    Yes, please!

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• RRP
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    RRP said:
    This month's cooks illustrated magazine has a recipe in it for Gochujang - I'll see if I can get that posted for anyone interested
    Yes, please!

Thanks! I subscribed to CI for years and saved every issue and initially kept my own index of "want to" "ought to" and even "hmmm, maybe someday" files. But the funny thing is I always zeroed in on their product endorsements and actually bought MANY of the top rated ones on blind faith over the years! Never once was I ever disappointed.

I just quit subscribing a while ago when we both were receiving several mags that we both got way behind on and they were piling up! (Except for all my wood working related ones and I do not worry that I might be a year or two behind - as I read those cover to cover!)

• RRP
    Options
    WOWSER!!! That stuff is POTENT! I just stuck a table knife in to get a tiny taste and my head flew bas ackwards! 

I'm making some of my favorite au jus for tonights prime rib and tomorrows Bloody Bulls. The normal yield is 3 cups. I added a mere 1/4th teaspoon of  of gochujang and that has clearly added a new taste twist to my au jus!
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    RRP said:
    WOWSER!!! That stuff is POTENT! I just stuck a table knife in to get a tiny taste and my head flew bas ackwards! 

I'm making some of my favorite au jus for tonights prime rib and tomorrows Bloody Bulls. The normal yield is 3 cups. I added a mere 1/4th teaspoon of  of gochujang and that has clearly added a new taste twist to my au jus!
    Glad to hear you liked it Ron!  Hope your wife does too!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike