Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cast Elegance Thermarite pizza stone

Options
Does anyone have a Cast Elegance Thermarite pizza stone?  It seems to have a lot of good reviews on amazon. I'm curious if anyone bought one of these? Good? Bad?  Thanks in advance.. 

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I've never seen it mentioned on here and a search turned up nothing. Lots of stories about brands other than BGE or Emile Henry breaking when used in an egg. Cordierite is good stuff though. BGE stones are 5/8" thick and I wouldn't go thinner than that. Didn't see the thickness mentioned so you might want to ask the seller. Good luck.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I’ll say this about bge accessories- in many cases they are just marked up bge branded versions of something already on the market. That may be the case with these stones as well but they are kickass. I’ve had 2 of them for 12 years and they are as solid as the day I got them. I have CHS Stones as well and they are also very good. I would be hard-pressed to buy something other than those based on what I’ve put them through and the fact they are still chugging along. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX