Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - AB last meal speculation

JohnEggGio
JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
edited June 2018 in EggHead Forum
Too soon?  I don’t think so.  Was it served up by an up and coming gastronomic genius - a blend of cooking, art, and science - or was it a simple classic done exceptionally well, like a perfectly executed steak frite washed down with a bold burgundy?

Did he leave the restaurant with a bottle of very old and rare cognac under his arm?  Did Eric find that bottle, 7/8ths consumed, on his nightstand? 

Edit: when I wrote this I did not know he had hanged himself. 
Maryland, 1 LBGE

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    thetrim said:
    One vote for too soon or just inappropriate 
    My vote is pathetic. 
  • JohnEggGio
    I would suggest to you guys that planting the seed in my mind that causes me to ask, “What did he eat?” was the point of his whole career.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    No question, a brisket sandwich.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    With gravy.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    A bold Burgundy..... good lord, is that like a delicate Zinfandel? Maybe a stout Miller Lite?
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • JohnEggGio
    edited June 2018
    SonVolt said:
    A bold Burgundy..... good lord, is that like a delicate Zinfandel? Maybe a stout Miller Lite?
    Maybe you know a little less than you believe you do?

Romanee-Conti?
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,354
    edited June 2018
    SMH

Jacksonville FL
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,354
    Poor taste 
    Jacksonville FL
  • JohnEggGio
    Dobie said:
    Poor taste 
    It’s certainly ok that you think so.  I don’t.  
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt said:

Romanee-Conti?

Know enough to pull a better adjective out of my butt than "bold" to describe a Pinot... 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • JohnEggGio
    SonVolt said:
    SonVolt said:

Romanee-Conti?

Know enough to pull a better adjective out of my butt than "bold" to describe a Pinot... 
    I think I did just fine.  You obviously googled Romanee-Conti.  Your transperancy is showing...

Good night, pup.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • SonVolt
    edited June 2018
    I'll never see a bottle of Romanee-Conti in my lifetime. The closest I've gotten thus far is that 2nd Somm doc on Netflix; no google needed. But I have seen many douches in my life. For example, the type of person that name-drops luxury items they themselves can't afford to claim faux superiority on the internet...
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    I think the OP was simply trying to express a measure of admiration and respect for Bourdain than anything else folks.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SonVolt said:
    I'll never see a bottle of Romanee-Conti in my lifetime. The closest I've gotten thus far is that 2nd Somm doc on Netflix; no google needed. But I have seen many douches in my life. The type of person that name-drops luxury items they themselves can't afford to claim faux superiority on the internet is a shining example.  

Little Rock, AR

• SonVolt
    SonVolt said:
    I'll never see a bottle of Romanee-Conti in my lifetime. The closest I've gotten thus far is that 2nd Somm doc on Netflix; no google needed. But I have seen many douches in my life. The type of person that name-drops luxury items they themselves can't afford to claim faux superiority on the internet is a shining example.  

Got a case of Boone's aging in the cellar as we speak.  This week's vintage is outstanding. 
  • Nsdexter
    Nsdexter Posts: 195
    A boatload of herion is my guess
    HFX NS
  • SonVolt
    Toxicology report coming soon.... 
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    SonVolt said:

Bring back “Tickle Pink”.  Bring back “Tickle Pink”.  Bring back “Tickle Pink”.
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • Can’t help you there but there’s always:

Little Rock, AR

• SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Can’t help you there but there’s always:

Use to have Boones Farm Tickle Pink parties in HS or as we called it...Liquid Panty Remover. 
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • JohnEggGio
    SonVolt said:
    I'll never see a bottle of Romanee-Conti in my lifetime. The closest I've gotten thus far is that 2nd Somm doc on Netflix; no google needed. But I have seen many douches in my life. For example, the type of person that name-drops luxury items they themselves can't afford to claim faux superiority on the internet...
    What in the world are you talking about?  I said “bold burgundy” then you posted, mocking me, asking if that is like a “stout Miller Lite” - as if “bold burgundy” was somehow oxymoronic.  So, I provided an example of a BOLD Burgundy that I imagine AB might enjoy at his final table.

Once again, I suggest to you you’re not quite as bright as you believe yourself to be.

@JohnInCarolina thank you.  

Good day.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE