Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Antique Kamado

BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 2,531
edited June 8 in EggHead Forum
In my travels with my job I came across an abandoned home with this in the yard. I talked to the neighbor who said it was at least pre 1960s, pretty cool. 

Comments

• GrillSgtGrillSgt Posts: 2,041
    Was there a lower vent anywhere? Looks like all it needs is a Rutland gasket.
    Woodford & Barren Co. KY

LBGE, XLBGE, 2 Weber Genesis, Weber 22" kettle

I’d kill for a Nobel Peace Prize

• TEXASBGE2018TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 1,274
    Did you keep it? If its abandoned you should have grabbed it up and done a full restore.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, 36" Stainless Blackstone Griddle, Contemplating which size Egg to get next. Cast Iron Hoarder.

"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"- Davy Crockett

• GrillSgtGrillSgt Posts: 2,041
    You may have found a Casa Q. http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicinvent.htm
    Woodford & Barren Co. KY

LBGE, XLBGE, 2 Weber Genesis, Weber 22" kettle

I’d kill for a Nobel Peace Prize

• jimdgreat1jimdgreat1 Posts: 138
    I would have tried to keep that. Very cool.

XLBGE - LBGE - Charbroil gasgrill

Wichita Kansas

• JeremiahJeremiah Posts: 5,975
    I’ve got one like that someone can have. Come and get it. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 2,531
    I did not keep it. Any Bay Area eggers interested DM me for the address if you’re interested.
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 2,531
    It seemed to be in good shape, the man who used it has passed on, but the neighbor said he rarely used it.
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 8,269
    edited June 8
    In case this relic is salvaged here are a few I have done.  Fun project and the price is right.

http://www.greeneggers.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1156764&catid=1
    http://www.greeneggers.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=733517&catid=1

• JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 12,300
    That is cool.  Friend of mine spotted something like this over in Marrakesh a few years ago.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT