Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT: sale on AlbuKirky Rubs, Sauces, Etc.

JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 13,114
edited June 8 in Off Topic
I'm in Albuquerque this week and stopped by the local store here in town that sells BGEs (also where I bought my MiniMax), and picked up some of this AlbuKirky red chile rub.  The guy behind these is named Kirk (thus the product name) and he's pretty close to being a one-man show as far as I can tell.  

Then this morning I saw that he's running a 20% off sale on all of his stuff on the website, through June 17th:

https://www.albukirkyseasonings.com/

If you haven't tried this stuff yet, it's really good.  I use it on ribs all the time.  Just the right amount of heat.  The green chile version is also really good, but I prefer the red.  You can always go Christmas style too.    I haven't tried the jams yet, but someone told me those are awesome.

I know some of you have tried these and enjoy them too, so I thought you'd appreciate the heads-up.  
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Comments

• JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 13,114
    Almost forgot to add that the website has been a little flaky this morning.  I think maybe word of the sale is getting out.  
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

• northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 11,583
    I thought by the title i was gonna have to spell it for you again. ;)
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

“Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.”
  • saluki2007saluki2007 Posts: 3,906
    Highly recommend these rubs.  Get all of them.
    Large and Small BGE
    Morton, IL

• gonepostalgonepostal Posts: 368
    Thanks man! Giving these a try. 
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • jeffwitjeffwit Posts: 1,348
    You know, we should organize something where forum members can exchange favorite rubs and sauces from around where they live with eggers in other areas. What do you all think?
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • GulfcoastguyGulfcoastguy Posts: 1,982
    Thanks for posting this. BTW a $60 order gets free shipping. I did some Christmas shopping, I imagine if the seals are unbroken that the spices will still be good.
  • ColtsFanColtsFan Posts: 2,467
    I'm a sucker for a good rub.

Ordered 
    XL BGE, 2-LG BGE, KJ Jr, 36" Blackstone, Ardore Pizza Oven
    Follow me on Instagram @ hoosier_egger
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!
    Thanks for posting this. BTW a $60 order gets free shipping. I did some Christmas shopping, I imagine if the seals are unbroken that the spices will still be good.
    Throw them in the freezer. Will stay fresh longer. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Morton, IL

Good idea, I have a chest freezer. I could put the boxes in zip lock bags first to prevent any frost damage to the labels. 
  • bluebird66bluebird66 Posts: 2,182
    I really like these rubs.
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• LegumeLegume Posts: 8,954
    Giving them a try.  Thanks for the heads up.
    Austin, TX
    Just got a note from the owner thanking me personally for this thread.  So that was cool.

• gonepostalgonepostal Posts: 368
    Just got a note from the owner thanking me personally for this thread.  So that was cool.
    Very cool! I'm giving every rub and sauce he has a shot...
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • LegumeLegume Posts: 8,954
    How clumpy are they?
    Austin, TX
    Legume said:
    How clumpy are they?
    I haven't found any clumps.  However, I don't really pay attention to aspects of rubs that don't make any real difference on the end product, so I may not be your best source of info here.  

Saturday morning bump.  What’s up, friends?

• jeffwitjeffwit Posts: 1,348
    I’m your huckleberry. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
    jeffwit said:
    I’m your huckleberry. 
    Classic.

• johnkitchensjohnkitchens Posts: 5,133
    I have been using these rubs for a couple of years now. They are all very good! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • How spicy are they?  I'm about the only one in my house that will eat something if its very spicy.  

Little Rock, AR

How spicy are they?  I'm about the only one in my house that will eat something if its very spicy.  
    The Casa can be black pepper spicy, but the green and red chili are not spicy at all.
    Large and Small BGE
    Morton, IL

Bump! Just to remind everybody that their 20% off sale ends at the end of the day tomorrow.
    Bump! Just to remind everybody that their 20% off sale ends at the end of the day tomorrow.
    Thanks man!  I think @Legume recently tried both rubs on some wings and said they came out great.

• NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 17,216
    edited June 17
    Huge fan!  Not to mention Kirk and Cheryl are great peeps. I use AlbuKirky rubs and sauces A LOT. And the jellies are legit.
    In fact I used a little red to dust these eggs on tonight's dinner. 

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • CashfanCashfan Posts: 394
    Ordered a gift pack. It is becoming obvious that I like to try new stuff. My cupboard is quite full of rubs.

• AcnAcn Posts: 2,753
    Went ahead and ordered some today, it was probably 30 minutes between placing the order and I got the email that it was ready to ship!

I can't wait to try it.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD