Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My first “Resturant Quality” steak.

2»

Comments

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Dang... that's killer!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • JNDATHP said:
    Very nice! When are we to come over for dinner? We’ll bring whatever part of the cow you want to cook. 
    Come over this weekend. But if you’re in Reno....place $100 on black for me ...then head north to grab some fresh Elk and we can cook that up. 
    Atlanta, GA 

LBGE, Mini-Max, Mini, 1995 BGE Chiminea, 22" Blackstone, Weber Genesis E-310. 
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    edited June 2018
    gdenby said:
    Looks fine. Good sear, nice and pink inside.

Once one gets a technique down, the hard part is finding really good steaks. The high end restaurants tend to get most of those.
    Take a look at Flannery Beef: www.flannerybeef.com

No affiliation other than being a long-time customer. Phenomenal dry-aged prime beef at reasonable prices (well, reasonable for what you're getting anyway). Family owned and operated (dad and daughter). Email them if you want something you don't see - they may be able to source it.
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com