Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

June brisket

Options
just another brisket on the TEXAS coast 
Corpus Christi, Texas.  LBGE x 2, Weber Smoky Joe, and Aussie Walk-About

Comments

• FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 583
    Options
    I dig the patio space for sure! I could drink a beer or 12 there. Standing by for the finish.
  • Texansurf
    Texansurf Posts: 507
    Options
    FrostyEgg said:
    I dig the patio space for sure! I could drink a beer or 12 there. Standing by for the finish.
    Cervesa  es frio 
  • Texansurf
    Options
    The spike I. Food temp was the result of a looose prob
  • Stubby
    Stubby Posts: 134
    Options
    Love the pictures. The log of the cook is great better than a spreadsheet I was thinking of doing.. 
    XL.......for now

Kernersville, NC
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Nice job finding @nolaegghead pony.   
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,732
    Options
    Very nice!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• Texansurf
    Options
    I let the fire get hot early but still in the bbq range so I just let it.come down  you can see when I discovered the loose prob one the food and each time the egg was opened
  • Texansurf
    Options
    Looking at the graphs from my previous cooks, both pork buts and brisket, I noticed a steady rise in food temp and no plateau,.  At the risk of storing things up I think the stall is a myth
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Texansurf said:
    Looking at the graphs from my previous cooks, both pork buts and brisket, I noticed a steady rise in food temp and no plateau,.  At the risk of storing things up I think the stall is a myth
    The stall is a well known physical phenomemon called evaporative cooling.  It is not a myth.  That said, you won’t necessarily see it in every cook or every hunk of beef or pork.  It depends on the amount of moisture in the meet in the first place and ambient conditions.

In general I’d say that you don’t want to draw any big conclusions on the basis of a single cook.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Texansurf
    Options
    Texansurf said:
    The stall is a well known physical phenomemon called evaporative cooling.  It is not a myth.  That said, you won’t necessarily see it in every cook or every hunk of beef or pork.  It depends on the amount of moisture in the meet in the first place and ambient conditions.

In general I’d say that you don’t want to draw any big conclusions on the basis of a single cook.
    This has been the result of all of them since I started using the cyberq and could see the graphs 

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    Options
    To me it looks like you actually have stalls showing up in both of those cooks.  I think if you just plot the food temp it’ll be a little easier to see that there are indeed long periods where the temp is nearly constant.

It’s more clear in this thread:

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1213734/just-another-boring-brisket-post#latest
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Options
    Indeed a stall is visible on those less than accurate graphs. 

Just because the slope is progressive doesn’t mean it’s not stalling. You can see it flatten out or decline for a period before trending with the slope. 
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • Texansurf
    Options
    Money Shot 

• Texansurf
    Options
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Good Eats...love the patio.
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    All in with the money shot.  Great outcome right there and an eggcellent plate of groceries.  Way to bring it home.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.