Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Instant temp probe sale

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Love mine. Had it for about 3-4 months now. So far, every bit as fast and accurate as my T-pen. I like it better actually - this one has a backlit, rotating display and a magnet. My T-pen doesn't.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Bought 2 for gifts.  Thanks for the heads up. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    Love mine. Had it for about 3-4 months now. So far, every bit as fast and accurate as my T-pen. I like it better actually - this one has a backlit, rotating display and a magnet. My T-pen doesn't.
    And bigger digits and a hold temp feature.

I've already got three but at that price I should buy a few more for gifts.

People should also take a look at the Javelin - nice pocketable size and better than a ThermoPop IMHO, especially at just $20!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Lvnthedrm
    Lvnthedrm Posts: 153
    Bought one. Thanks.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Great thermo. I like the shorte 2-1/2” probe as well as the more expensive 4”. My Thermapen crapped out after only 3 years, have had this for about five months. Still works fine!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    OK, I didn't need one, but whatever.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    I bought one for my parents earlier this year. Very impressive. Hard to let go of my 8 year old Thermapen with zero issues. Trying to resist this purchase!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • BigGreenBean
    BigGreenBean Posts: 117
    Thanks for the heads up.  Just bought one.
    Virginia Beach, VA
  • HeavyG
    I already have a few of the Javelin and Javelin Pro's but I didn't have their newest addition the Carbon.

Took advantage of the 20% off and ordered one and it arrived today.

Slick little unit. It's a Bluetooth device and has no internal display so you need to use an app to set/monitor the thing. I was intrigued by the use of a single probe to provide both ambient air and internal meat temps.

I was surprised to see that the app runs ok on my old Nexus 7 tablet which frequently has problems with some Bluetooth devices. Runs fine on my Samsung phone.

I was going to be grilling chicken thighs today but it is raining heavily at the moment and looks to continue thru the day so in the oven they go. I'll still plug it into a thigh just to see how well it functions. Runs fine so far just sitting on the counter. :)

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Dondgc
    Dondgc Posts: 709
    I ordered one then noticed I had been billed for the full price, not the sale price. Sent them an email and just got notified that the $8.99 difference has been refunded. So a positive customer experience so far. Thermometer is supposed to arrive on Friday 
    New Orleans LA
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    HeavyG said:
    I already have a few of the Javelin and Javelin Pro's but I didn't have their newest addition the Carbon.

Slick little unit. It's a Bluetooth device and has no internal display so you need to use an app to set/monitor the thing. I was intrigued by the use of a single probe to provide both ambient air and internal meat temps.

I was surprised to see that the app runs ok on my old Nexus 7 tablet which frequently has problems with some Bluetooth devices. Runs fine on my Samsung phone.

I was going to be grilling chicken thighs today but it is raining heavily at the moment and looks to continue thru the day so in the oven they go. I'll still plug it into a thigh just to see how well it functions. Runs fine so far just sitting on the counter. :)

You cost me $32 bucks on my own post.lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Stubby
    Stubby Posts: 134
    Mine was delivered today.. 
    XL.......for now

Kernersville, NC
  • Dondgc
    Dondgc Posts: 709
    Mine came today - pleasant surprise as that was two days earlier than predicted. It is really nice. Super fast and spot on at 212 degrees. I have not used a Thermapen so I can't compare. But for under $40 with free shipping this was a great deal. 
    New Orleans LA
  • HeavyG
    Photo Egg said:
    HeavyG said:

You cost me $32 bucks on my own post.lol
    So we're even then! :)