Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bacon wrapped stuffed chicken, seared asparagus, wild garlic pesto pasta

Options
Stormbringer
Stormbringer Posts: 2,082
edited May 2018 in EggHead Forum
Wild garlic is in season again, as well as fresh asparagus. So is bacon, but heck, that's always in season :). A simple midweek cook of chicken breast stuffed with smoked cheese and wrapped in bacon, asparagus par-boiled and seared in the Egg, both served with a side of wild garlic leaf pesto coasted pasta. Lovely. Full details in the link below:

Searing at the end of the cook:

Ready to eat:

The pasta in full glory:

Thanks for looking!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
| Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
| My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk

Comments

• CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    Options
    Great looking meal!
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Yeah, this dude is a touring pro, likely has his own TV cooking show....
    Awesome cook as always. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Wonderful cook!! It all looks great, but I think I'd take the pasta if I could pick just one dish. And speaking of your wife, please tell her that her photography continues to impress! At least I assume she's still doing the honours. Excellent!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    That looks fantastic. Love the pesto. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Like the 10th time I have come back to this post just to look at the pictures again.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,082
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Thanks folks!

@YukonRon that would be a dream come true. :D

@bgebrent / @Carolina Q the wild garlic leaf pesto pasta was the best bit of the dish tbh. SWMBO has transplanted some of it from her parent's place into our back garden, so next year we'll have our own crop.

@Photo Egg yep, I'm happy with them, partly because they were taken by me for once (with direction from SWMBO :D). I used my new iPhone 8 plus in portrait mode, really pleased with the results.

As we're heading to the USA soon, specifically Yellowstone, SWMBO will once again be taking a gazillion pictures. Prepare for incoming wildlife picture spam.
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk