Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Some burnt ends

Comments

• YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 13,048
    This is what Angels eat every day for every meal.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • saluki2007saluki2007 Posts: 3,880
    Image result for butters yes gif
    Large and Small BGE
    Morton, IL

• TEXASBGE2018TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 1,426
    Where do you guys buy your pork belly at? Every store I've been to doesn't sell it unsliced.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, 36" Stainless Blackstone Griddle, Contemplating which size Egg to get next. Cast Iron Hoarder.

"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"- Davy Crockett

• saluki2007saluki2007 Posts: 3,880
    Where do you guys buy your pork belly at? Every store I've been to doesn't sell it unsliced.
    My local Costco sells it.
    Large and Small BGE
    Morton, IL

My local Costco sells it.

hmm I will have to double check mine again because I didn't see it anywhere at my Costco.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, 36" Stainless Blackstone Griddle, Contemplating which size Egg to get next. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• LeopoldstochLeopoldstoch Posts: 318
    I just get my pork belly from a local butcher shop. Anxiously awaiting the results of this cook!!
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 17,757
    Local Costco usually has sliced belly in the case.  But they slice the bellies on site.  Just ask at the meat counter for one unsliced and you should be set if in stock.  FWIW-
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
    lousubcap said:
    Local Costco usually has sliced belly in the case.  But they slice the bellies on site.  Just ask at the meat counter for one unsliced and you should be set if in stock.  FWIW-

Ahh, will do. Ya every local grocer has told me it comes pre-sliced even from the meat dept. counter.

Back on the egg egg for a little bit after getting sauced 
  • CigarCityEggerCigarCityEgger Posts: 892
    My man, that looks incredible
  • Hawg FanHawg Fan Posts: 1,511
    I need to try this cook with pork belly!  Yours looks fantastic.  @Leopoldstoch Is the pork cured?

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • NorthPilot06NorthPilot06 Posts: 545
    I can’t seem to recall where you’re from - and my phone doesn’t seem to show sig lines - but if I recall correctly you’re in DFW. If so, the Costco in Southlake is where we typically shop, and they carry pork bellies. My apologies if I got your location incorrect. 
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 17,240
    Yessir.  That's a great rendition.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
    I can’t seem to recall where you’re from - and my phone doesn’t seem to show sig lines - but if I recall correctly you’re in DFW. If so, the Costco in Southlake is where we typically shop, and they carry pork bellies. My apologies if I got your location incorrect. 
    I am east in Rockwall. I’ll check our Costco again. I probably just overlooked it.

• R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 2,114
    Those look great! 
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Humphrey's Weekender, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 18.5" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • smokingalsmokingal Posts: 116

The ends certainly justify the means.  Looks tasty.  I'm curious about your aftermarket gasket.  What brand is that?
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap
    http://barbecueaddict.com
  • jdkeithbgejdkeithbge Posts: 298
    edited May 16
    Hey @TEXASBGE2018 I shop the Costco in Lewisville and I have gotten whole bellies there.  However last time I was in there they only had sliced.  But as @lousubcap pointed out you can ask them to bring you a whole one from the back and they'll oblige.
    XL BGE, CGS AR & spider, 36" SS Blackstone, SMOBOT - Flower Mound, TX
    smokingal said:

The ends certainly justify the means.  Looks tasty.  I'm curious about your aftermarket gasket.  What brand is that?

Paging @rrp

just send this guy a message and he will help you out tremendously!
  • pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 10,981
    BRAVO!
  • smokeybreezesmokeybreeze Posts: 210
    Where I hang my hat, whole pork belly is as expensive as some good steaks...makes it hard to justify a low yield result after reducing all that fat  - but I still do sometimes because the end result is, as my grown son mentioned recently, "something this good can't be that good for you, but I can't stop eating it."
  • BobDangerBobDanger Posts: 199
    Image result for butters yes gif

Most all Asian stores carry it. 
    Eastern Shore Virginia 

Medium & Mini Max
  • buzd504buzd504 Posts: 2,619
    BobDanger said:

Most all Asian stores carry it. 
    The Latino stores here carry it, but it's less expensive and better quality at Costco.
    NOLA