Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Green Lightning Shrimp

Options
ColtsFan
ColtsFan Posts: 6,350
Decided to whip up some GLS today at the last minute. A quick trip to the grocery yielded a couple pounds of 21/25 and a jicama.

Decided to make a quick jicama salad while the shrimp were in the marinade. 

Thanks for looking 
~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

Comments

• dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,268
    Options
    Yum. I love GLS. Try it in tacos!
    Mountain View, CA
  • Tarpon65
    Tarpon65 Posts: 205
    Options
    I love doing shrimp on the grill.  Our favorite is just a simple EVOO and garlic marinade for a couple hours before grilling. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options
    Way to line them up on the grid.  Damn those look good. 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Very nice.  I like shrimp!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • tenpenny_05
    tenpenny_05 Posts: 286
    Options
    man I love shrimp and the first time I saw this recipe I knew I had to make it.
    Mine turned out real grassy tasting. I was expecting bright flavors but they weren't there. O well probably my fault, I have plenty other shrimp recipes to pick from!
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Second hand Medium BGE, Second hand Black Kamado Joe Classic, Second hand Weber Kettle, Second hand Weber Smokey Mountain
  • CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    Options
    Very nice, I made some on my FIL’s gasser yesterday for our cinco tacos. They are a hit and I’m sure yours did not disappoint! 
  • dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,268
    Options
    man I love shrimp and the first time I saw this recipe I knew I had to make it.
    Mine turned out real grassy tasting. I was expecting bright flavors but they weren't there. O well probably my fault, I have plenty other shrimp recipes to pick from!
    Sometimes cilantro can give a grassy taste. Try modulating how much cilantro you use. Also, keep the tender leaves and skip the stems and thicker pieces.
    Mountain View, CA