Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ at the Missouri Governor's Mansion tonight

Options

Comments

• Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    Where is the mansion in Jeff City?

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Tspud1 said:
    Where is the mansion in Jeff City?

Just off the northeast end of the Capital.
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    Been thru Jeff Ciyt a lot on the way to Ozarks but never knew where it was. The dome stands out coming across bridge
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Super cool!  Congrats!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • stlcharcoal
    Options
    Tspud1 said:
    Been thru Jeff Ciyt a lot on the way to Ozarks but never knew where it was. The dome stands out coming across bridge
    The Capital is beautiful.  They also have a lot of rolling exhibits and artwork.  I had forgotten until they mentioned it last night......the capital burned down in 1911 and the new one was completed in 1917.

The governors mansion was built in 1871, but nothing is original except the building itself.  Apparently politicians used to be "of the people" (i.e. poor) and they didn't get a budget for redecorating.  So they moved out of their farm house, moved their stuff into the mansion, and redecorated as their personal budget allowed.  The lady told us that the whole first floor had pink shag carpeting for one administration.  It wasn't until the 1970-80s that the place went on the national register and was extensively restored to how it was when it was built. 
  • Hoster05
    Hoster05 Posts: 312
    Options
    Isn’t this the gov. Who’s being considered for impeachment for something or another?   Not looking to ruffle feathers, I don’t live inMissouri, just say a news headline yesterday.   
    Mankato, MN - LBGE
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,746
    Options
    Hoster05 said:
    Isn’t this the gov. Who’s being considered for impeachment for something or another?   Not looking to ruffle feathers, I don’t live inMissouri, just say a news headline yesterday.   
    One and the same. What's refreshing about this is that many Republican legislators in the state are also calling for it.
    Stillwater, MN
  • stlcharcoal
    Options
    Shame on me for getting political in my on thread on a Friday night, but......the national headlines don't even scratch the surface on the real story of the insanity that's going on in this state right now.

Yes that's him, but to use a now cliché term "it's a witch hunt."  The prosecutorial misconduct is mind boggling.  The prosecutor--a brand new STL city elected one who got campaign money from Soros--illegally hired a private attorney from out of state and an ex-FBI agent private investigator because she said the police wouldn't cooperate (yet the police say she never asked.)  This ex-FBI agent from Michigan who gets $250/hr has a charge of bigamy on his record and just pleaded the fifth during all of his deposition.  When he deposed the alleged victim, he claims he did not take notes, then said the video tape recorder was inop.  Yet all the sudden a tape appears, and it shows him taking notes (yet the prosecutor sat on it for 5 days before telling the judge and giving it to the defense, and the notes are missing.)  Then the alleged victim's testimony contradicts what she told the house investigative committee.  This week, it comes out that one of the two $50,000 anonymous donations to the victim's [now] ex-husband's lawyer for his defense fund came from a Missouri newspaper's owner......who had ties to a group that stands to lose a TON of money if the Governor kills their BS tax credits.  This whole thing stinks to high hell.  The "victim" says the whole thing was consensual, yet the prosecution presses on.  It was all brought about by the ex-husband who is STL radio personality and they still haven't been publicly named which is even more weird.

As the case is circling the drain, our Attorney General (who is running for Senate and is getting campaign money from the group who stands to lose money from the tax credits) announces new evidence of campaign misconduct and improper use of a donors list at some point.  But the governor already acknowledged it during the campaign, paid the fine, and everybody was fine with it then because they didn't think he was going to win.  

I don't know the guy outside of the 30 second I spent with him on Wednesday night.  All I know is they're throwing everything they can at him, trying to make something stick.  It hasn't phase him a bit--he's still out working and at all kinds of events which is good.  The trial kicks off in about 2 weeks.  We'll see what happens.  Either way, I hope the prosecutor gets run out of town over the amount of taxpayer money she's pissed away on sleazy out-of-town private attorneys and investigators.

PLAY NICE.  I was hesitant to post this pic in the first place because of the issues, but I thought it was cool.  I'm not defending the guy or his actions--moreover trying to defend our great State from the ridiculousness that comes out of STL city.
  • SemolinaPilchard
    SemolinaPilchard Posts: 1,282
    Options
    @hoster05 Someone on this forum has their product used at, and gets invited to the party at the governor's mansion and you ask that question? Were you being a pr!ck, or, are you simply clueless? You know it is Missouri, yet you can't google it?
  • stlcharcoal
    Options
    Hoster05 said:
    One and the same. What's refreshing about this is that many Republican legislators in the state are also calling for it.

It's "refreshing" that this guy is guilty until proven innocent by LAWMAKERS??  The trial hasn't even started yet!!  It's not refreshing, it's scary--especially for those of us that who live here, work here, and are NOT members of the "old boys club" in Jefferson City.  It means if you're not a straight line party line politician, the democrats AND republicans will work together to oust you.  Definitely not "refreshing" to anyone in this state that has a serious amount of money invested in this state.  
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    Certainly the dude deserves his day in court.

However, Greitens is an admitted adulterer. Of course during his campaign he playeded the whole family man, family values shtick. All the other stuff revolving around his "family man" hypocrisy may just end up being he said/she said stuff and hard to prove/disprove. Who knows at this point.

Charges of his illegal use of the charity donor list aren't new. His former campaign manager is now saying that Greitens knowingly lied about how he came into possession of the list.

The funniest thing I've read about the guy is that about ten years ago he bought the website domain name - EricGreitensForPresident.com - so clearly he had big plans for himself.

Of course, in the age of Trump, even if Greitens is found guilty of any of whatever he may be charged with it probably won't hurt his chances for President. :)

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,746
    Options
    I'm all for due process as well, but I also have little time for liars and hypocrites, which he most certainly appears guilty of even if neither warrant prosecution. Based on your comments, it's even more surprising that members of his own party seem to be jumping ship.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Well this thread went lump quickly, after being Rockwood hard. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Man, that's really coolio!!!
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • stlcharcoal
    Options
    That's the thing, they say it's not about party or politics here, but it is......It's all hand on deck against McCaskill and the only thing that's all the republicans can get behind is ousting the outsider.  All the fighting amongst the party is why they lost last time.....Claire sat back, watched, and supported the republicans train wreck nomination amidst his calls to resign.  Then she smoked him.  They are looking to distance themselves from the Governor so that doesn't happen again.

Never said or defended the governor's philandering.  But if we go back to the Clinton days, we were all lectured that it didn't matter it and it was all about the job he was doing.  Incidentally, 8-10 yrs ago when the governor registered that "forpresident.com" website, he was democrat working for President Obama and writing letters praising ObamaCare.  So you can stereotype either party here, or just leave it alone.  Either way, that's between him, his wife, his mistress, and her ex-husband.  Happened before he was in office, before he started his campaign, before most of us knew who he was, and the "victim" calls it consensual.  

As far as the rest of the stuff goes, we'll see.  Being a hypocrite loses you respect, but not your job as a politician.......the capital would be freakin empty if that was the case.  
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    Options
    Well stated Jonathan!  Just got my Trump “lucky” coins off e-bay (China), and I’m stashing them for the day they become collectors!
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    The office is bigger than the person holding it.

I vote that the discussion about the Guv's political and legal problems be relegated to a new and different thread.

So we can appreciate that @stlcharcoal took our lump money to go and cook at some fancy shindig :smiley:

Very much an honor. Strong work.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • thetrim
    Options
    Justice is no longer blind in our country.  The biggest offense these days is _____ while Republican.  Fill in the blank. He should've stayed a Democrat, and he'd be on the short list for 2020 all ready.
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    But @JohnInCarolina and he go waaaay back.  Haha.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Hoster05
    Options
    @hoster05 Someone on this forum has their product used at, and gets invited to the party at the governor's mansion and you ask that question? Were you being a pr!ck, or, are you simply clueless? You know it is Missouri, yet you can't google it?
    Actually I am neither, if you read my post I clearly state I don’t want to ruffle feathers.  And yes I could google it but thinking you’d get the real story from some website is clueless thinking.  FYI- not every post or thread is synical or sarcasm.  I can tell the difference.  

I use @stlcharcoal product all the time and as the rest of thread indicates it is an honor he was able to present to his state government.  I commend him for that.  
    Mankato, MN - LBGE
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    Hoster05 said:
    Actually I am neither, if you read my post I clearly state I don’t want to ruffle feathers.  And yes I could google it but thinking you’d get the real story from some website is clueless thinking.  FYI- not every post or thread is synical or sarcasm.  I can tell the difference.  

I use @stlcharcoal product all the time and as the rest of thread indicates it is an honor he was able to present to his state government.  I commend him for that.  
    C’mon. Of course you knew what you were doing when you posted that.  As mentioned earlier, you Google something if you want to find out something without ruffling feathers on the forum as you put it. I did.
  • Hoster05
    Options
    Hoster05 said:

C’mon. Of course you knew what you were doing when you posted that.  As mentioned earlier, you Google something if you want to find out something without ruffling feathers on the forum as you put it. I did.
    I just googled Missouri governor and the first website hit was Fox News.  Fair and balanced correct?
    Mankato, MN - LBGE
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    Hoster05 said:
    Hoster05 said:

I just googled Missouri governor and the first website hit was Fox News.  Fair and balanced correct?
    You can’t look past the first article or read multiple articles for yourself? You think fair and balanced is found here? I comparative purposes, I googled the same phrase and Fox wasn’t on the first two pages of results. 
  • thetrim
    Options
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SemolinaPilchard
    SemolinaPilchard Posts: 1,282
    Options
    Hoster05 said:
    Hoster05 said:

I googled "Missouri Governor" and, in order, Washington Post, NPR, CNN, .gov, Reuters, NY Times, and NBC News. A bunch of right wing hacks, correct?
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    Options
    @stlcharcoal  in 2020!!!!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Hoster05 said:
    Hoster05 said:

Dude.  The usual sh!t-stirrers have mostly taken a break too. Join them.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • stlcharcoal
    Options
    St. Louis prosecutor just dropped the charges against the Govenor when the judge ruled the defense could call her as a witness......to vouch/explain all of the misconduct of her hired squad.

Defense said she was going to have to take the fifth (like her "investigator" just did.)  She refused to take questions and left the court room just saying they were going to refile with a special prosecutor.  Not gonna happen.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    The prosecutor just dropped ONE of the two felony charges.

The Missouri General Assembly has scheduled a special session for Friday that may well lead to impeachment.

So the Gov ain't in the clear just yet.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I don't know if I'm in the wrong thread, but SANDY HOOK was ALL ACTORS!!!

Also, the moon landing was FAKE NEWS!

Alex Jones 4-EVAH!!! 

PS - LUMP!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sj_U6vObUA