Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Warranty Question

If I am gifted an egg (from work) - obviously, I am not the original purchaser, but have the original purchase receipt, am I able to register and thereby have a full lifetime warranty?
Minneapolis, MN

"90% of life is showing up. The other 50% is style." - Me, after a long night of drinking.

Comments

• nate1152nate1152 Posts: 20
    Nvm, read further... but FYI:

11. INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR CLAIM: A Valid Proof of Purchase is required. A purchase receipt showing date of purchase and name of Authorized Dealer from which the EGG or other BGE product was purchased must be provided with any Warranty claim. For Warranty purposes, an original purchaser is the person whose name appears on the purchase receipt, or is in possession of an original purchase receipt, and who has registered their BGE Warranty as required.
    Minneapolis, MN

"90% of life is showing up. The other 50% is style." - Me, after a long night of drinking.
  • TEXASBGE2018TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 1,615
    edited May 2
    Yes, that should not be an issue if you have the receipt. That I am aware I've never heard of anyone needing to bring the receipt in for warranty claims. The key is that you need to make sure and register the egg with the serial number via the big green egg site or at the top of this page there is a link.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, 36" Stainless Blackstone Griddle, Contemplating which size Egg to get next. Cast Iron Hoarder.

"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"- Davy Crockett

• ALutz42ALutz42 Posts: 8
    Hi everyone!

So i just won a Large BGE and was wondering about registering it for the warranty as well. I do not have the receipt.
    I just bought mine and you are required to identify the dealer where the Egg was purchased during the registration process. If I was you, I'd go back to the place you won and ask for the receipt. Someone must have it...
    Minneapolis, MN

If you don't have a receipt I'm not as sure. I think you could still try to register it all they really ask is where you bought it from and ask for the serial number. If you can find out where the person that was giving it away purchased it you should be ok.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, 36" Stainless Blackstone Griddle, Contemplating which size Egg to get next. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 8,401
    nate1152 said:
    I just bought mine and you are required to identify the dealer where the Egg was purchased during the registration process. If I was you, I'd go back to the place you won and ask for the receipt. Someone must have it...
    If you register online it does not ask for any dealer info.
    https://biggreenegg.com/warranty-registration/

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 8,401

ALutz42 said:
    Hi everyone!

So i just won a Large BGE and was wondering about registering it for the warranty as well. I do not have the receipt.
    Just do it online.

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    Photo Egg said:
    nate1152 said:

Yes @Photo Egg is correct. I just looked and if you won it in a contest/promotion you just have to give the name of the contest and the location of the contest.

Photo Egg said:
    nate1152 said:

Yes @Photo Egg is correct. I just looked and if you won it in a contest/promotion you just have to give the name of the contest and the location of the contest.
    Yep, sorry for the confusion. Forgot about the radio buttons. 
    Minneapolis, MN

• SSQUAL612SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,047
    ALutz42 said:
    Hi everyone!

What is this win thou speaketh of? 
    Temple, TX   XL BGE 2016, MES, 18.5 WSM,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • GymGym Posts: 346
    Is there a way to check if an egg has already been registered? 

Gym said:
    Is there a way to check if an egg has already been registered? 

I think that once you try to register it you will get an error message stating its been registered already.

• Jupiter JimJupiter Jim Posts: 3,251
    Just contact BGE and see what they say! Always best to go to the Horses Mouth!

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• vb4677vb4677 Posts: 531
    I won mine and was able to select Raffle or something like that when I registered mine!

Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
    Large BGE, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a couple of gas smokers...
    Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...
  • ALutz42ALutz42 Posts: 8
    SSQUAL612 said:
    ALutz42 said:
    Hi everyone!

What is this win thou speaketh of? 
    Heehee my husband and I went to a pig roast appreciation dinner (for the industry he works in) and they always have a raffle. I happened to win the grand prize!
  • A-BaumA-Baum Posts: 25
    Is there any way to check if I registered my egg?