Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Warranty Question

Options
If I am gifted an egg (from work) - obviously, I am not the original purchaser, but have the original purchase receipt, am I able to register and thereby have a full lifetime warranty?
Minneapolis, MN

"90% of life is showing up. The other 50% is style." - Me, after a long night of drinking.

Comments

• nate1152
    nate1152 Posts: 20
    Options
    Nvm, read further... but FYI:

11. INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR CLAIM: A Valid Proof of Purchase is required. A purchase receipt showing date of purchase and name of Authorized Dealer from which the EGG or other BGE product was purchased must be provided with any Warranty claim. For Warranty purposes, an original purchaser is the person whose name appears on the purchase receipt, or is in possession of an original purchase receipt, and who has registered their BGE Warranty as required.
    Minneapolis, MN

"90% of life is showing up. The other 50% is style." - Me, after a long night of drinking.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Yes, that should not be an issue if you have the receipt. That I am aware I've never heard of anyone needing to bring the receipt in for warranty claims. The key is that you need to make sure and register the egg with the serial number via the big green egg site or at the top of this page there is a link.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• ALutz42
    ALutz42 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi everyone!

So i just won a Large BGE and was wondering about registering it for the warranty as well. I do not have the receipt.
  • nate1152
    Options
    I just bought mine and you are required to identify the dealer where the Egg was purchased during the registration process. If I was you, I'd go back to the place you won and ask for the receipt. Someone must have it...
    Minneapolis, MN

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    If you don't have a receipt I'm not as sure. I think you could still try to register it all they really ask is where you bought it from and ask for the serial number. If you can find out where the person that was giving it away purchased it you should be ok.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    nate1152 said:
    I just bought mine and you are required to identify the dealer where the Egg was purchased during the registration process. If I was you, I'd go back to the place you won and ask for the receipt. Someone must have it...
    If you register online it does not ask for any dealer info.
    https://biggreenegg.com/warranty-registration/

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options

ALutz42 said:
    Hi everyone!

So i just won a Large BGE and was wondering about registering it for the warranty as well. I do not have the receipt.
    Just do it online.

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    nate1152 said:

Yes @Photo Egg is correct. I just looked and if you won it in a contest/promotion you just have to give the name of the contest and the location of the contest.

• nate1152
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    nate1152 said:

Yes @Photo Egg is correct. I just looked and if you won it in a contest/promotion you just have to give the name of the contest and the location of the contest.
    Yep, sorry for the confusion. Forgot about the radio buttons. 
    Minneapolis, MN

• SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    ALutz42 said:
    Hi everyone!

What is this win thou speaketh of? 
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • Gym
    Gym Posts: 366
    Options
    Is there a way to check if an egg has already been registered? 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options

Gym said:
    Is there a way to check if an egg has already been registered? 

I think that once you try to register it you will get an error message stating its been registered already.

• Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Just contact BGE and see what they say! Always best to go to the Horses Mouth!

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• vb4677
    vb4677 Posts: 686
    Options
    I won mine and was able to select Raffle or something like that when I registered mine!

Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
    2 Large BGE's, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a gas smoker...
    Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...
  • ALutz42
    ALutz42 Posts: 8
    Options
    SSQUAL612 said:
    ALutz42 said:
    Hi everyone!

What is this win thou speaketh of? 
    Heehee my husband and I went to a pig roast appreciation dinner (for the industry he works in) and they always have a raffle. I happened to win the grand prize!
  • A-Baum
    A-Baum Posts: 29
    Options
    Is there any way to check if I registered my egg?