Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Zero Turn Mower Suggestions Wanted

Options
13»

Comments

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,663
    Options
    Scag cheetah is a good mower, good cut, platform suspension, fast
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    I like a Scag mower as well.  

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    So I finally got a new mower after lots of kicking tires and thinking it over. It didn't help that it rained a lot at the end of Summer and my current mower started having issues. 

I was leaning towards a Scag Liberty Z. The local dealer didn't have the deck size I wanted but could order it. There's a Hustler dealer closer to the house and I stopped in to look. The Raptor SD looked really nice but the salesman mentioned Big Dog was running a rebate right now if you get the extended warranty. The Alpha MP is the same machine with better seat, led lights, I think a thicker deck and larger spindles, and bigger front tires. The rebate dropped the price to within $100 of the Hustler. 

I thought about it, transferred money to the checking account, hooked up the trailer and went to purchase on that Friday. Sold out. The break in the rain made for a busy couple of days where people were buying mowers. Had to wait a week for a new delivery. So I got one straight out of the crate with 0.1 hours on it.

Has the Kawasaki 23 hp engine. I put about 3 hours on it Friday evening. I must say, mowing with this is pretty comfortable. Didn't have the same beaten tired feeling as the old riding mower. 

Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    I ended up with the smalles Kubota they have, very impressed!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.