Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Baby back ribs

I had to share as I’ve had some consistent success with baby back ribs and honestly think it has a lot to do with the brand. If you can get access to Leidy’s baby back ribs I highly recommend them. Here’s a couple pics from most recent cook. They have the ideal fat amount as I barely have to trim at all. Here’s a few pics from the most recent cook

Comments

• johnnypjohnnyp Posts: 3,244
    Looks like you nailed it.  Well done 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • GregWGregW Posts: 1,792
    I haven't heard of the brand, but they look like they turned out great.
    In my area it really gets hard to find good ribs and butts in the winter months.
    We are typically stuck with ribs that didn't sell for Labor day and have been solidly frozen in the meat display case all winter long........it's really sad.

Again, you ribs look great.
    Birmingham, AL
  • lowandslowlowandslow Posts: 115
    What cooking technique have you been using?
    Hasbrouck Heights, NJ

XL Egg
  • TideEggHeadTideEggHead Posts: 615
    Good looking ribs!
    LBGE
    SC AL
  • CarolinaCrazyCarolinaCrazy Posts: 582
    those look fantastic.
    1 LBGE in Chapel Hill, NC
  • OhioEggerOhioEgger Posts: 490
    This is one of those YMMV situations. I'm sure they're good, but they look too lean for my liking. I prefer a bit more fat on mine. For consistently good baby backs, either Aldi or Kroger has what I like best.
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • JohnnyTarheelJohnnyTarheel Posts: 5,357
    Love it brother...  nice!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 4,809
    Nice Job, I love ribs!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • @lowandslow I used the dizzy pig crossroads night before and smoke at around 250 with Apple and cherry wood for about 3 hours then brush with a sauce that I add “not your fathers root beer” and leave in egg for another 30 minutes or so. It’s just a preference but I really like the flavor and glaze I get when I add that to the sauce.