Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Might’ve Bitten Off More Than I Can Chew...Literally.

Building a relationship with your local butcher is worth it. Picked up a couple legit Porterhouses for dinner before the Bruins game tonight. Might’ve gone a touch overboard, but what the hell. It’s the playoffs.

Going to roast indirect at 275 till about 105-108. Then crank the heat for the finish. BTW- that’s a business card for reference. These babies are THICK and they take up a solid amount of real
estate on the XL. 

Comments

• MeTedMeTed Posts: 717
    Very nice! I hope your team does good, mine missed the playoffs for the second year in a row. Good luck.
    Belleville, Michigan

Just burnin lump in Sumpter
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 1,893
    Very nice cuts - lots of filet on there!  Enjoy.

Don't you dare cook those one second past medium rare!  unless this is you Mr Trump, then burn those suckers til they are dead and drown em in Ketchup.

• northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 10,053
    Doesn’t get much better than that.....and the best part is gnawing on the bones!
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

Talk-in' 'bout, hey now! Hey now! I-ko, I-ko, un-day
    Jock-a-mo fee-no ai na-né, jock-a-mo fee na-né

• keener75keener75 Posts: 95
    Go Leafs Go!  ;)
    St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE
  • CornfedMACornfedMA Posts: 101
    keener75 said:
    Go Leafs Go!  ;)
    Looks like they decided to go home early...
    Yeah, not a good night. Didn't come out to play but I'm hoping they can put on a good showing for 40 mins and tie the series up back home. I predicted this one would go the distance before it started and I'm standing by it. 
    Both teams are fun to watch.
    those steaks look amazing btw....how did they turn out?
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 6,496
    Dude.  That's my favorite cook right there.  Because that's what my grandpa cooked and taught me how to cook on his wheelbarrow "grill" with a drain grate for a grate - and orange tree wood for fuel.  

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• MotownVolMotownVol Posts: 466
    Wow.  That looks great.  
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • JohnnyTarheelJohnnyTarheel Posts: 5,139
    That's a winner right there!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"