Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thank you Forum....Wing Night!

Options
I'm a big wing guy so after reading a few posts on here I figure I give them a shot. I went with EVOO and some Raging River. Went on around 375 indirect and after 45 mins I dunked them in a pot of melted butter, honey and Franks wing sauce. I pulled the plate setter and threw them back on for 5 mins per side to get some char on the skin. I sprinkled some more Raging River on before serving and they were a big hit! Next time I'll probably save the "Hot Sauce Soup" and pour that on top before serving. We like saucy wings and they tasted more like a naked/dry rub wing than a true hot wing. 

Comments

• smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    Awesome cook!  I would eat them all!  I agree if you want more of a sauce, just put them in the bath, then serve them.  
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    Ooooh, they look PERFECT to me!

You can always just have the "soup" available as a dipping sauce for those who want it?
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,384
    Options
    Great outcome right there.  The are about as many ways to cook wings as posters here.  Really fool-proof with the BGE-direct, raised or indirect.  Play around and find the one that works best for you.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    GrillnTX said:
    I'm a big wing guy so after reading a few posts on here I figure I give them a shot. I went with EVOO and some Raging River. Went on around 375 indirect and after 45 mins I dunked them in a pot of melted butter, honey and Franks wing sauce. I pulled the plate setter and threw them back on for 5 mins per side to get some char on the skin. I sprinkled some more Raging River on before serving and they were a big hit! Next time I'll probably save the "Hot Sauce Soup" and pour that on top before serving. We like saucy wings and they tasted more like a naked/dry rub wing than a true hot wing. 

Winner winner, chicken wing dinner!!!!!
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Chicken wings are the reason I get out of bed every day. Love the images, looks delicious.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky