Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Attempt at Healthy Sunday Dinner

After Saturday’s juicy Lucy (and this morning’s second helping) (and swimbo’s returning home with the princess), I thought I’d better go for something on the more healthy end of fhe spectrum for tonight’s meal. 

Egged some chicken thighs and a few pounded breasts that I marinated overnight in Walkerswood curry paste. Served with veggies in coconut curry over jasmine rice. 

Pretty tasty. The WW paste is spicy — not as extreme as their jerk, but it’ll open your eyes. Nice change of pace from the usual flavor profiles, too. Lots of curry veg left for the fam to eat during the week. 

Happy Sunday, all!!

It's a 302 thing . . .

Comments

• epcotisbestepcotisbest Posts: 1,942
    That looks darn good. While this is not egged, I too tried to continue eating healthy this evening. My wife is away on a business trip so sometimes when my wife is away I congratulate myself for not eating junk food, and tonight is no exception. I resisted the urge to grab some fast food or pizza and instead diced up a small sweet potato, topped the pieces with some garlic salt and crushed red peppers and roasted them with a little olive oil. Also had half an avocado drizzled with lemon juice and topped with a dollop of salsa and had a piece of Sam's Club rotisserie chicken to go with it. This made for a tasty and colorful meal that was lower in calories and carbs than pizza or BK.
    Since I had to go to the airport and back, I could have stopped at any number of places and consumed mass quantities of calories and carbs, but no, I came home and had this, and liked it.

• Markarm4119Markarm4119 Posts: 305
    Kudos on the healthy meal looks mighty fine !
    LBGE, and just enough knowledge and gadgets to be dangerous .
    Buford,Ga.
  • HendersonTRKingHendersonTRKing Posts: 1,184
    Kudos on the healthy meal looks mighty fine !
    When I eat healthy egged meals I'm happy.  When I eat unhealthy egged meals I'm happy.  When I eat egged meals I'm happy.  All things in moderation!
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 12,275
    I feel healthier just looking at your cook. Very nicely done sir.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky