Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

rtic sale again

Options
picked up the small duffle and the food canisters. hot food on the boat during iceout is going to be nice
fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    I'm thinking of picking up one of those "Day Coolers" because they are the perfect size to throw behind a kayak or canoe seat when I'm out fishing.

Anybody have one?  Have to say, they don't actually look any different than the soft coolers I already have (likely picked up in Target or Wally world).

I scored two of the SoftPak coolers over Christmas and couldn't be happier with them, except the zippers are a **** to open. I feel like I'm going to tear the handle off every time I use the things. Can't see that lasting more than a year or two if I have to open it with such force!   I'll have to hit it with that wax and see if it makes much of a difference.
    LBGE/Maryland
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    KiterTodd said:
    I'm thinking of picking up one of those "Day Coolers" because they are the perfect size to throw behind a kayak or canoe seat when I'm out fishing.

Anybody have one?  Have to say, they don't actually look any different than the soft coolers I already have (likely picked up in Target or Wally world).

I scored two of the SoftPak coolers over Christmas and couldn't be happier with them, except the zippers are a **** to open. I feel like I'm going to tear the handle off every time I use the things. Can't see that lasting more than a year or two if I have to open it with such force!   I'll have to hit it with that wax and see if it makes much of a difference.
    Lube it up.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    These were $24 a few days ago. I should have jumped when they were. This particular leaktight model is on par with Yeti and RTIC in tests. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    edited April 2018
    Options
    KiterTodd said:

I’m with you on this. I need a small cooler for short jaunts on the boat. I’m finding that I don’t use my Hopper 30 very much because it’s too big. 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    These were $24 a few days ago. I should have jumped when they were. This particular leaktight model is on par with Yeti and RTIC in tests. 

The RTIC ones are $19.99

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    only have experience with the duffle zippers and they are well made. i get most of the day with the big yeti cup packed well with the big 2 inch cubes with smaller cubes filling the gaps pouring tonic water from warm 1 litter bottles on the boat, too many patrol boats where i fish to have adult beverages. was on a patrol boat a few years ago, they had a scope with a 12 inch lense hooked to a lap top recording you on video from more than 6 miles away.  if you are drving the boat with a drink you are getting a dui, if you are on the boat and drinking you are getting a drinking in public ticket because they saw you 6 miles away.
    fukahwee maine

• WeberWho
    Options
    WeberWho said:

The RTIC ones are $19.99
    Dang I would have picked up 8 can day one for $19.99. Looks to be sold out.

The Ozark Trail 20 can above I believe is closer to RTIC $88 dollar soft sided cooler
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:

The RTIC ones are $19.99

The Ozark Trail 20 can above I believe is closer to RTIC $88 dollar soft sided cooler
    the black one is sold out, pick a different color. you dont want a black cooler anyways in a boat
    fukahwee maine

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    KiterTodd said:

I forgot about the Polar Bear coolers. I think I’m going to get one of those.  I remember them running BOGO sales as well. 
  • WeberWho
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:

The RTIC ones are $19.99

the black one is sold out, pick a different color. you dont want a black cooler anyways in a boat
    Thanks Fish!

Minnesota
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    So far I have been pleased with everything that I purchased from RTIC. Here is their latest brute. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• BulletGrillHouse
    Options
    SGH said:
    So far I have been pleased with everything that I purchased from RTIC. Here is their latest brute. 

Wanted to pick up a 145 earlier this week and they are currently sold out, hope they get some in at the sale price
    XL, 2-Lg, Mini, 36" Blackstone (Formerly CM23)
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    WeberWho said:

Note - the 8 can Day Cooler I mentioned is not on par with the thick walled soft pak YETI clone coolers.  This just looks like a standard soft cooler. Nothing special.  Maybe a bit more insulation. (what I'm hoping for)

I just was looking for something smaller for simple pack day trips.
    LBGE/Maryland
  • JMCXL
    JMCXL Posts: 1,524
    Options
    DMW said:
    KiterTodd said:

Lube it up.
    Just lube mine last week with what came with it. What a difference all good
    Northern New Jersey
     XL - Woo2, AR      L (2) - Woo, PS Woo     MM (2) - Woo       MINI

Check out https://www.grillingwithpapaj.com for some fun and more Grilling with Papa (incase you haven't gotten enough of me)

Also, check out my YouTube Page
    https://www.youtube.com/c/grillingwithpapaj

Follow me on Facebook 
    https://www.facebook.com/GrillingPapaJ/

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    ordered 2 duffels and the food canisters.

I hate this forum.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    caliking said:

I hate this forum.
    Grow a pair, man. Just say NO!!  :rofl:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• caliking
    Options
    caliking said:

I hate this forum.
    Can’t help it. I’m a sucker for a sale :smiley:

• Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    JMCXL said:
    DMW said:
    KiterTodd said:

Lube it up.
    Don't know where I stuck that lube that comes with it. Anyone know of a good alternative?
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Because, of course. Now they go in sale. Just after I bought my Yeti, on sale. DAMMIT. My timing on sales, suck.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Toxarch said:
    JMCXL said:
    DMW said:
    KiterTodd said:

Lube it up.
    Don't know where I stuck that lube that comes with it. Anyone know of a good alternative?
    Chapstick 

Minnesota
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited April 2018
    Options
    caliking said:

I hate this forum.
    LOL, $183 for a duffel without waterproof zippers.  Ringling Bros stuff.  Kind of defeats the purpose.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,365
    Options
    Damn, cost me again
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • caliking
    Options
    Focker said:
    caliking said:

I hate this forum.
    LOL, $183 for a duffel without waterproof zippers.  Ringling Bros stuff.  Kind of defeats the purpose.
    Which RTIC duffel is $183?

• Focker
    edited April 2018
    Options
    caliking said:
    Focker said:
    caliking said:

I hate this forum.
    Sorry typo, $83 Large.  Still no bueno.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• caliking
    Options
    Focker said:
    caliking said:
    Focker said:
    caliking said:

I hate this forum.
    Sorry typo, $83 Large.  Still no bueno.
    That's cool. I'm not planning on submerging the small and med I ordered.

• Focker
    Options
    All good brother. 
    You make the big bucks.....tall stacks to burn yo.  ;)
    Heard you light your eggs at fests with $100 bills....pimp sh!t. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• caliking
    Options
    Focker said:
    All good brother. 
    You make the big bucks.....tall stacks to burn yo.  ;)
    Heard you light your eggs at fests with $100 bills....pimp sh!t. 
    I light with 500 rupee notes. All day. Every day. 

Because they were “demonetized” a year or so ago and are worthless now. But the sweat and grime on the old notes makes for good kindling. 

• lowandslow
    lowandslow Posts: 122
    Options
    Being the lawsuit between Yeti and RTIC was settled in 2017, is there any difference now with the RTIC hard shell coolers?  Based on what I read, RTIC was to re-design most coolers.  I was wondering what changes were made and if there is any difference in quality?
    Hasbrouck Heights, NJ

XL Egg
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Being the lawsuit between Yeti and RTIC was settled in 2017, is there any difference now with the RTIC hard shell coolers?  Based on what I read, RTIC was to re-design most coolers.  I was wondering what changes were made and if there is any difference in quality?
    Here is their latest. 

I don’t know what changed. They still look like the same a$$ kicking machines they always were to me. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.