Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

wrapping up the Lenten season

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,897
Tonight as a celebration in itself I'm egging a shrimp recipe for the first time in several years. Why? Because I had forgotten about it as it takes a while to prepare, but mere minutes to cook on the egg.

I purchased some 23 count raw shrimp and then made the coating as I call it with kosher salt, paprika, cayenne pepper, EVOO and lemon juice. One of the other key ingredients is garlic crushed into a paste in a mortar & pestle. In fact I got to thinking as I cleaned the shrimp I haven't seen any post in a long while of a mortar & pestle used for any BGE recipes so here is mine.

Pictures of the skewered scrimp will come later - I hope - as our internet has been a yoyo today!
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Ron- sounds like we were thinking alike tonight. Hope your meals turns out as well as mine. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • FlyOverCountry
    Options
    RRP said:
    Tonight as a celebration in itself I'm egging a shrimp recipe for the first time in several years. Why? Because I had forgotten about it as it takes a while to prepare, but mere minutes to cook on the egg.

I purchased some 23 count raw shrimp and then made the coating as I call it with kosher salt, paprika, cayenne pepper, EVOO and lemon juice. One of the other key ingredients is garlic crushed into a paste in a mortar & pestle. In fact I got to thinking as I cleaned the shrimp I haven't seen any post in a long while of a mortar & pestle used for any BGE recipes so here is mine.

Pictures of the skewered scrimp will come later - I hope - as our internet has been a yoyo today!
    Thank you for posting a picture of a mortar and pestle.  I seen a lotta recipes that use one of them but I don know what they look like.  I think my wife keeps one of those in her bedside draw. But its bigger an its jus the top part.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    RRP said:

Thank you for posting a picture of a mortar and pestle.  I seen a lotta recipes that use one of them but I don know what they look like.  I think my wife keeps one of those in her bedside draw. But its bigger an its jus the top part.
    Thanks, Jeff! Glad to see you are alive and still full of sh!t!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • FlyOverCountry
    Options
    RRP said:
    RRP said:

My name is Kevin an I’m definitely not lying.  Where does your wife keep her pestle?
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    RRP said:

Your wife might be grinding something pal, but it ain’t garlic.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    Prolly smells like it though.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    Isn't that fish sauce??
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    RRP said:
    RRP said:

I thought all along that was Stike...
    Options
    When size matters...Marinade for boneless leg of lamb.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE