Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Happy International Whiskey Day

Options
thetrim
thetrim Posts: 11,357
I know many of you will appreciate this and participate more enthusiastically than I will.

Cheers!
=======================================
XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
Tampa Bay, FL
EIB 6 Oct 95

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    It's a week night and i'm already swamped at work so I will participate at the JR. level this year. Retired folks should really carry the water here!
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Don't need an excuse but will join the world community for this one.  

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    not sure my dentist will approve tomorrow morning if i partake ;) darnit, ill have to set aside the weekend
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    Options
    In keeping with the spirit of the day-

Underway-LEO not in the plans but audibles can happen.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • pgprescott
    Options
    A slight over pour on my double Glenfiddich! I’ll man up!
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    How is it this occurs on a week night?  Smf.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Being retired and all, with not a single obligation tomorrow, I think I'll do my part. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• lousubcap
    Options
    @bgebrent - weekend/week night- just pour one and celebrate.
    BTW if you want to find a hosed up pairing in 2018 here you go:
    National Brisket Day is May 28th.  I'll let you sort out the issue.  
    The National (fill-in the blank) Day is calendar fixed.  The Gubmint anchors some holidays to a given Monday.  Just blame the gubmint.  They own it.  Seems reasonable to me. ;)
  • pgprescott
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    Being retired and all, with not a single obligation tomorrow, I think I'll do my part. 
    Pics or it didn’t happen!
  • pgprescott
    Options

lousubcap said:
    In keeping with the spirit of the day-

Underway-LEO not in the plans but audibles can happen.
    One of my favorite pours. Cheers!
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    Sadly I am unable to participate as tonight is a school night - will make up for it Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • thetrim
    Options
    @lousubcap Brisket Day and Memorial Day are paired up!  Brisket Day IS Memorial Day.  That's amazing!  I will participate!
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    @lousubcap Brisket Day and Memorial Day are paired up!  Brisket Day IS Memorial Day.  That's amazing!  I will participate!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    thetrim said:
    That’s how it’s supposed to work.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • thetrim
    Options
    Brisket Day = Memorial Day, right?   How is that hosed up?
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Difficult decision was made. Bourbon (Woodford) or Scotch (Glenmorangie). Since this is International Whiskey Day, went with Scotch.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • CTMike
    Options
    DMW said:
    Difficult decision was made. Bourbon (Woodford) or Scotch (Glenmorangie). Since this is International Whiskey Day, went with Scotch.
    Good call D-Wayne. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    thetrim said:
    You will participate at great expense most likely.

Last year there was a pretty good price jump and a bit of s shortage if i recall correctly.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    Well OK if you say so...

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Brisket Day = Memorial Day, right?   How is that hosed up?
    Only from an Army vet....
  • thetrim
    Options
    I figured you say that, so I guess I’m missing something.   
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    DMW said:
    Wouldn’t that need to be whisky day?
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    DMW said:
    I think that both would have been far more appropriate. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    A day late and a dollar short, but I got into this tonight

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • CTMike
    edited March 2018
    Options
    caliking said:
    A day late and a dollar short, but I got into this tonight

There was a little bar in Boston that sold a drink called a Hip Replacement. All I remember was it had Laphroaig, burnt cinnamon, some other stuff, and that it was very tasty. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT.