Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Something Different

Options
Fried up some donuts on the egg. Peanut oil in the cast iron. 375 for about 30 seconds/side. Coated in sugar and cinnamon mix. These didn’t suck. 
Dallas, TX

Comments

• SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    Options
    To quote UMBC’s Twitter lead:  “Put some respek on it!”   Those are awesome

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Ima_good_egg
    Options
    Nice!
    Wisconsin, lbge, MM, kab, pig tail flippers, bear claws, and more rubs than I will admit to.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    Nice...nothing better than hot donuts 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    Wow. 

You can do that?

Mind blown. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Nice job!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Those look great!

I continue to resist the temptation to learn the art of the donut. I know that, if I make a dozen, I will EAT a dozen! And they don't keep well, so I'd have to eat them all quickly! Not good. I have several recipes bookmarked, but so far, that's as far as I've gone.

I used to LOVE Krispy Kreme (when they're hot anyway), but the last few times I've had one, I thought they were disgustingly sweet. Have my tastes changed or are they doing something different?

There's a small bakery in my home town that makes a terrific glazed yeast donut. Whenever I visit Mom, we always have a couple, but that's it for me.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut