Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stainless table for the MM and Ribs

Options
YukonRon
YukonRon Posts: 16,989
I bought this stainless steel table for my MM at Costco, on sale for $85.00. Easy to assemble, 150# weight limit per shelf. Pretty darn sturdy, as well.
Doing ribs today too.
mustard applied for the rub.
rubbed the secret recipe of blends onto the BBRs, and on the XL using peach to smoke and Rockwood to keep it at 225F for 5 hours.Rockwood.
"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
Louisville, Kentucky

Comments

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Nice table and good deal.  Ribs gonna be good!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • YukonRon
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @JohnnyTarheel

My favorite thing to cook....easy, because I am so lazy these days.
    Thank you for looking in.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Is that Rockwood good lump?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Nice table Ron.  Hard to beat BB’s on the egg.  Looking good.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Your ribs are alway good. Table also a nice score.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • NC_Egghead
    NC_Egghead Posts: 786
    Options
    I saw that same table in Costco last week. Looked really nice. Afraid to buy it since it will only lead to having to purchase a MM to put on top of it like you did. Like you always say; wallet genicide...
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • mlc2013
    mlc2013 Posts: 988
    Options
    I saw that table at costco yesterday and was about to buy it and the wife said aren't you planning on building a table for the eggs? 
    Long Island NY    
    1 XL BGE 12/17, 1 LG BGE 3/18, 1 MM BGE 3/18
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Nice table Ron, Ribs are one of my favorites to cook as well. Very easy...

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Cool table. What's the height? Need something for my KJ Jr, it stands a bit higher than the MM.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    Options
    Nice table, if(really when) I get a MM I like that look. Got some ribs on today myself, Cheers Ron 
  • YukonRon
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Is that Rockwood good lump?
    @northGAcock
     Rockwood is good lump. I think you will like it if you try it. Brother Robin, I would never steer you wrong.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • mlc2013
    Options
    this is not the table I saw but a quick search on costco.com showed this https://www.costco.com/TRINITY-Stainless-Steel-Prep-Table.product.100394420.html

Long Island NY    
  • YukonRon
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Nice table Ron.  Hard to beat BB’s on the egg.  Looking good.
    Easiest thing to cook. That is why I do it. 
    Thank you for the kind words. 
    Table is a stop gap until I build my cooking station.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @YukonRon -great setup for the MM.  Nice score.  Enjoy the ribs-toothpick for the win  =)

@mlc2013 - You should go back and buy it.  It's easier than building and unless you work with metal could be safer in the long-haul.  Play the safety card.  ;)  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Your ribs are alway good. Table also a nice score.
    Thanks for the kind words. They smell awesome with the peach smoke going right now.
    Table works out rather well. If you want, the bottom shelf can be inverted to make a raised edge tray, but, if it is not covered, you will collect water when/if it rains.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    I saw that same table in Costco last week. Looked really nice. Afraid to buy it since it will only lead to having to purchase a MM to put on top of it like you did. Like you always say; wallet genicide...
    I know, right. This is just to hold me over until I build my patio cooking station, and throwing more money into the bottomless pit.
    Even w/o the MM it is a great outdoor prep table for the cooks.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • mlc2013
    Options
    lousubcap Im actually sketching up a plan now where I would use metal flashing around the cedar where the egg rest and a Granite counter top. Just cant decide if I want 1 big table for the XL + L with room for M/M in the middle or 2 smaller tables so easier to move around but can be butt up against each other to make an even bigger table. Now Im hijacking YukonRon thread Sorry.
    Long Island NY    
  • YukonRon
    Options
    mlc2013 said:
    I saw that table at costco yesterday and was about to buy it and the wife said aren't you planning on building a table for the eggs? 
    Tell her it is to be used to hold the jewelry you intend to buy her, but in the meantime, you will use it as your outdoor prep table.
    It is worth a shot.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    Nice table Ron, Ribs are one of my favorites to cook as well. Very easy...
    Drinking a lot while cooking easy. ......

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    DMW said:
    Cool table. What's the height? Need something for my KJ Jr, it stands a bit higher than the MM.
    @DMW

Height from ground to surface, without using the casters is about thirty five inches.
    From ground to cooking surface on my MM, sitting in its cradle is about 45 inches.
    I am about 5'10", and the height seems to be perfect for me.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Nice table, if(really when) I get a MM I like that look. Got some ribs on today myself, Cheers Ron 
    Thanks for checking in. I like the table. I am going to get a cover for it, though.
    Enjoy those ribs.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    mlc2013 said:
    this is not the table I saw but a quick search on costco.com showed this https://www.costco.com/TRINITY-Stainless-Steel-Prep-Table.product.100394420.html

@mlc2013
    Same table, I got mine on sale, and I am not using the castors. Bottom shelf is adjustable to any height you want.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • mlc2013
    Options
    YukonRon said:

@mlc2013
    Same table, I got mine on sale, and I am not using the castors. Bottom shelf is adjustable to any height you want.
    It looked like the one I saw, but the price online was different then in the store so I wasn't sure.

Long Island NY    
  • YukonRon
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @YukonRon -great setup for the MM.  Nice score.  Enjoy the ribs-toothpick for the win  =)

@mlc2013 - You should go back and buy it.  It's easier than building and unless you work with metal could be safer in the long-haul.  Play the safety card.  ;)  FWIW-
    Thank you Frank for the kind words. I use the toothpick, as I was taught by the master, always.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    mlc2013 said:
    lousubcap Im actually sketching up a plan now where I would use metal flashing around the cedar where the egg rest and a Granite counter top. Just cant decide if I want 1 big table for the XL + L with room for M/M in the middle or 2 smaller tables so easier to move around but can be butt up against each other to make an even bigger table. Now Im hijacking YukonRon thread Sorry.
    No worries, this is what it is all about....

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    DMW said:
    @DMW

Height from ground to surface, without using the casters is about thirty five inches.
    From ground to cooking surface on my MM, sitting in its cradle is about 45 inches.
    OK, just went and did some measuring. From ground to cooking surface the  KJ Jr in the stand is 17". 17 + 35 = 52. I'm 5'6", that's not gonna work. If I were to remove the KJ Jr from the stand, it would be 12". 12 + 35 = 47. My XXL in nest is 36", which is about perfect for me. Unfortunately, this won't work for my use case.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • YukonRon
    Options
    DMW said:e
    YukonRon said:
    DMW said:
    @DMW

OK, just went and did some measuring. From ground to cooking surface the  KJ Jr in the stand is 17". 17 + 35 = 52. I'm 5'6", that's not gonna work. If I were to remove the KJ Jr from the stand, it would be 12". 12 + 35 = 47. My XXL in nest is 36", which is about perfect for me. Unfortunately, this won't work for my use case.
    Good thing we measured, sorry it did not work out for you. Glad I could help.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    DMW said:
    YukonRon said:
    DMW said:
    @DMW

You can likely cut the top of the legs down to meet your height requirements. 
  • YukonRon
    edited March 2018
    Options
    The finish, served with baked potato and garlic roasted broccoli. It did not suck.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    Nice ribs!  I’ve had that table for about 6 years and other than the time I set a hot plate setter on it, it has held up well.  It’ll serve you well.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA