Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tri Tip, Turkey, Shrimp, Pastrami Cooks

Options
R2Egg2Q
R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
My timing has been a bit off these last 2 days. I've been scrambling to finish cooks and serve and not taking time to get as many pics as I'd like. Here's what I have....

Last night's tri tip, reverse seared on the Small Egg:

These items all cooked around dinner time. Turkey in the Humphrey's Weekender:

Pulled the turkey, ran to my Thai wok cooker and quickly stir fried some shrimp with garlic sauce for my wife and mother in law in a screaming hot wok:

Then to the Large Egg which had a couple of corned brisket points turned pastrami ready to pull for a pressure cooker finish (Thirdeye's recipe):

It was a busy but fun afternoon cooking.

Thanks for looking!
XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA

Comments

• Cortezz11
    Options
    Nice work! Curious, what'd the finish in the pressure cooker do for you?
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    Great cooks and post.  Love the variety.  I had to look up the Weekender.

Ultimately it just comes down to the fact that I envy someone who has more grills than I do.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• R2Egg2Q
    Options
    Cortezz11 said:
    Nice work! Curious, what'd the finish in the pressure cooker do for you?
    Thanks! It definitely saves time. Bark is definitely more moist than not wrapping on the Egg so if that’s a concern you’d want to factor that in.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • R2Egg2Q
    Options

Foghorn said:
    Great cooks and post.  Love the variety.  I had to look up the Weekender.

Ultimately it just comes down to the fact that I envy someone who has more grills than I do.
    Thanks! I’m trying to reduce the count and attempt to rearrange the remaining cookers on my patio so it doesn’t look so much like a BBQ department in a store. :)

Bay Area, CA
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Multitasking meals all look great.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 840
    Options
    Pastrami looks awesome and the Thai wok cooker looks pretty interesting.
  • Star_TrEGG
    Star_TrEGG Posts: 111
    Options
    Nicely done!  Save some for us when we stop by.
    BGE Large, MiniMax & Mini; Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5" & E-310 natural gas; CyberQ Cloud; Flame Boss 200; ThermoWorks Smoke & Thermopen Mk4
    Washington, DC Metro Area
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    There’s nothing wrong with having a back yard that looks like a grill department store. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• R2Egg2Q
    Options
    Nicely done!  Save some for us when we stop by.
    We’ll plan on cooking some fresh stuff for your visit.  =)

Bay Area, CA
  • R2Egg2Q
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    There’s nothing wrong with having a back yard that looks like a grill department store. 
    Functionally it works but I’d like to start working on a nicer cooking area and include more space to hang out and enjoy the time in.  

Bay Area, CA