Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Smoked Wings

500500 Posts: 2,727

Hot smoked some wings.  350 indirect.  Dry rub was kosher salt,cracked black, and Lawry’s.  After done, they were dunked per order in either warmed B-Dubs Teriyaki Sauce or this Buffalo style sauce; 

http://www.savoryreviews.com/2011/09/19/grilled-hot wings/

Plus a number of adult beverages. Sunday Funday. 

Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
"Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."

Comments

• Fantastic looking wangs!!
  • JohnnyTarheelJohnnyTarheel Posts: 5,139
    Wings anytime!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • TheophanTheophan Posts: 2,133
    They look GREAT!

I haven't done wings very many times, and so far, only indirect because I'm lazy and don't want to have to flip them.  I keep thinking I might try direct, sometime, and just keep flipping them every 10 minutes or something.  Dunno.  Yours make me want to just keep doing it indirect, though -- they look great!
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 16,779
    @Theophan - I have gone back and forth between direct and indirect with wings.  For the past few years I have settled on very raised direct (PSWOO and extender gets them a good 4-5 " above the gasket line).  As you note, flip a couple of times but the results are great.  Seem to come out with much crispier skin ( same over-night fridge air-day and no need to enhance with the corn starch dusting).  But as with most BGE cooks many ways to get there.  Just enjoy the awaiting banquet.  FWIW-
    BTW- apologize for the partial hi-jack.  Wings look great.  
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • bluebird66bluebird66 Posts: 2,035
    I love wings!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va