Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Stew......It's whats for dinner tonight......

Options
northGAcock
northGAcock Posts: 15,164
edited January 2018 in EggHead Forum
This cold weather in the south requires some winter comfort food. Having a job that allows me to work from home is a perfect alignment for a nice low and slow stew. I will be adding in the taters later in the day......but here is the start with a open lid for a touch of smoke. I will shut that down shortly....

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
Run me out in the cold rain and snow

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Looks tasty!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Love beef stew! Even in August. =)

Chicken stew is good too. 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Beef stew!  Beef stew!

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    looking good!
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Added my taters.....the starch from the B Reds should start tightening it up a bit. Smells ritious. 

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    There is nothing higher on my list, of comfort food, than beef stew. It has to be made in America, because nowhere else are people with the ability to understand how this meal comforts the soul.
    This is a beautiful cook Robin. Thank you for sharing.
    Break out the Sequoia Grove, this meal is worthy.
    Peace.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    YukonRon said:
     It has to be made in America, because nowhere else are people with the ability to understand how this meal comforts the soul.

@YukonRon also it would have to be called “Dog” or “cat” or “goat” stew.  ;)

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
     It has to be made in America, because nowhere else are people with the ability to understand how this meal comforts the soul.

OR chicken.....which is as nasty. I had them all, hated them all. The eyeballs did it.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Agree love the sequoia grove cab. 

Greensboro, NC
  • northGAcock
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    There is nothing higher on my list, of comfort food, than beef stew. It has to be made in America, because nowhere else are people with the ability to understand how this meal comforts the soul.
    Peace.
    Sorry Ron....hanging onto the Sequoia Grove for sipping with a buddy or few at BB3. Serving over rice tonight with some little green peas. 

• YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Peace.
    Sorry Ron....hanging onto the Sequoia Grove for sipping with a buddy or few at BB3. Serving over rice tonight with some little green peas.

@northGAcock
    I will be bringing some wine as well my brother.
    Make this happen.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • gonepostal
    Options
    I could live off that for days!
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Looks good Buddy.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Very nice Robin on this cool day...
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    Looks great! Definitely one of my favorite comfort food dishes.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    YukonRon said:

Some places n the Midwest there is a Burgoo stew

• YukonRon
    Options
    Tspud1 said:
    YukonRon said:

Some places n the Midwest there is a Burgoo stew

Burgoo is a staple here in Kentucky, where some claim to be the origin. I dunno. I have had several recipes of Burgoo, and most are appealing, some, not so much.
    My preference remains Beef Stew.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Peace.
    What happened to @yukonron the Francophile? Now he is saying that boeuf bourguignon does not comfort the soul!

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• YukonRon
    Options
    Acn said:
    YukonRon said:
    Peace.
    What happened to @yukonron the Francophile? Now he is saying that boeuf bourguignon does not comfort the soul!
    Ron the Francophone, still exists doing my best to inform others the French are not as bad as many have perceived them to be.

Just like everyone here, we have our favorite foods, and occasionally, they have a regional following, by me as well as others.

What some people consider favorites are typically based on experience. I would never discredit boeuf bourguignon, and in fact do enjoy it very much.

However, raised in the shadows of Appalachia, and treated to that meal, it does hold sentimental value, therefore a favorite.

I do have favorite dishes from many places, but soul food and comfort food are one in the same for me. Here is where that happens, better than anyplace on earth.

But again, just an opinion, and a very personal one, at that.

Peace.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky