Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hearing protection for shooting

Options
2»

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Have you decieded on a firearm yet? As noted by many above, handgun vs long gun may need a different form of protection. I’m a firm believer in custom plugs and muffs, both purchased in the US, much less expensive. I like Brownells muffs. 
    Canadian government banned the typical Saturday night special calibres, .25 and .32 to create the illusion of safety. .22 is still just fine. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,209
    Options
    When I visited @Little Steven at his home out side  Toronto for supper a few years back, we noticed "missing" posters for dogs & cats on telephone poles in his neighborhood.  Steve lives in a rural area in a development of very nice homes.  I asked him about the posters and he said the little dogs and cats were already coyote prey.  He said the coyotes were huge near him and they were dangerous.  One of his dogs was almost taken if it weren't for his other dog's heroism.  I said it sounded like there was a 12 gauge solution.  He said something like, "Hey cowboy, where do you think you are?"  

That's as near as I can recall of the conversation because we was drinkin'. 

I like visiting Canada very much because it's a great country, but I feel a bit naked being unarmed.
    Are you sure @Little Steven wasn't covering his tracks with stories of giant coyotes? What did you eat?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,209
    Options
    Btw, this thread is sinking
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    When I visited @Little Steven at his home out side  Toronto for supper a few years back, we noticed "missing" posters for dogs & cats on telephone poles in his neighborhood.  Steve lives in a rural area in a development of very nice homes.  I asked him about the posters and he said the little dogs and cats were already coyote prey.  He said the coyotes were huge near him and they were dangerous.  One of his dogs was almost taken if it weren't for his other dog's heroism.  I said it sounded like there was a 12 gauge solution.  He said something like, "Hey cowboy, where do you think you are?"  

That's as near as I can recall of the conversation because we was drinkin'. 

I like visiting Canada very much because it's a great country, but I feel a bit naked being unarmed.
    Are you sure @Little Steven wasn't covering his tracks with stories of giant coyotes? What did you eat?
    I thought it was chicken.  Hmmmmmm.....
    Flint, Michigan
  • Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    Options
    Caldwell electronic ear muffs
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio