Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Raleigh BBQ Stores

ChubbsChubbs Posts: 6,925
In Raleigh for business and have a couple of hours to kill this AM. Whats the best BBQ store in town? For all those smartasses that say try the internet, I did, haha. Never know how the selection is from online. Thanks for the help. 
Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013

Comments

• RRog17RRog17 Posts: 391
    I like Big Mikes Brew and Q. 1222 NW Maynard Road in Cary NC and 2045 Creekside Landing Dr. in Apex NC. 
    LBGE   Summerfield, NC
  • tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 9,324
    edited January 11
    There's a place called Grillbillies (riff on hillbillies).  

https://www.grillbilliesbarbecue.com/
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
    BBQ stores (like buy and sell grills, rubs, etc)?   If so, Grillbillies is neat, I hear.  They had a Myron Mixon class there not long ago.  
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
    RRog17 said:
    I like Big Mikes Brew and Q. 1222 NW Maynard Road in Cary NC and 2045 Creekside Landing Dr. in Apex NC. 
    http://www.brewnquenc.com/menu-featuring-big-mikes-bbq/
    LBGE   Summerfield, NC
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 11,621
    Following this, as I don't actually get into Raleigh all that often. 
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 6,925
    BBQ stores (like buy and sell grills, rubs, etc)?   If so, Grillbillies is neat, I hear.  They had a Myron Mixon class there not long ago.  
    yes to purchase grill tools, rubs, etc. 
    Chubbs said:
    yes to purchase grill tools, rubs, etc. 
    my bad. Misread it. 
    LBGE   Summerfield, NC
    There's a place called Grillbillies (riff on hillbillies).  

https://www.grillbilliesbarbecue.com/
    Thanks. That is pretty much the only place i saw online which I thought was crazy. I will check it out and report back. 
    To update- Grillbillies is cool. They have a lot of runs and sauces from all over the country including the big ones- Meat Church, Dizzy Pig, PlowBoys, Oak Ridge etc. a lot I had never heard of either. They also have a run and sauce station where you can try any of them. Cool place and they sell smokers there too. Along with a ton of woods and pellets. Cool store. I grabbed a few rubs. Jess Pryles is coming there soon for a cooking class which is cool. 
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 11,621
    Chubbs said:
    To update- Grillbillies is cool. They have a lot of runs and sauces from all over the country including the big ones- Meat Church, Dizzy Pig, PlowBoys, Oak Ridge etc. a lot I had never heard of either. They also have a run and sauce station where you can try any of them. Cool place and they sell smokers there too. Along with a ton of woods and pellets. Cool store. I grabbed a few rubs. Jess Pryles is coming there soon for a cooking class which is cool. 
    Thanks for the review, Chubbs!  I’ll have to check it out.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

Chubbs said:
    That's pretty cool.  I have never been, but follow them on Facebook.  I've always wanted to go over there.  
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 10,088
    Western Auto.  =) 
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

Talk-in' 'bout, hey now! Hey now! I-ko, I-ko, un-day
    Jock-a-mo fee-no ai na-né, jock-a-mo fee na-né

Western Auto.  =) 
    Come again
  • northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 10,088
    Chubbs said:
    Western Auto.  =) 
    Come again
    Sorry....just me being a smart @ss.........it was a small town store when i was growing up in Hampton. Only place you could find a grill or grill supplies.....and nothing you would use today. Not sure they exist any more.

Wikipedia - Western Auto—was a specialty retail chain of stores that supplied automobile parts and accessories. It operated approximately 1200 stores across the United States and in Puerto Rico.[1] It was started in 1909 in Kansas City, Missouri, by George Pepperdine, who later founded Pepperdine University.[2]

Western Auto was bought by Beneficial Corporation in 1961; Western Auto's management led a leveraged buyout in 1985, leading three years later to a sale to Sears. Sears sold most of the company to Advance Auto Parts in 1998, and by 2003, the resulting merger had led to the end of the Western Auto brand and its product distribution network.

Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

Talk-in' 'bout, hey now! Hey now! I-ko, I-ko, un-day
    Jock-a-mo fee-no ai na-né, jock-a-mo fee na-né