Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

2018 Chili Contest Winning Recipe...

This recipe is the best one I have used... Its VERY EASY and you cant imagine the flavor....

½ bottle Big Green Egg Vidalia Onion Sriracha sauce  THIS IS A MUST HAVE!!

1 Can Red Kidney Beans

1 Can Chili Ready beans with sauce (heat depending)

1 Can Diced tomatoes w Onion & Garlic

1 Can Stewed Tomatoes (or stay with diced and more veggies)

1 Tomato paste (small can) ...remove both ends and push paste through...  so much easier. :)

3 Lbs Ground Round (90-10 preferably) Drain grease if any...

Big Green Egg Viva Caliente or Chili powder (sprinkle in to taste)

Set up BGE direct at 400+ and use your Big Green Egg Dutch oven to brown the beef, once it is good and brown remove from fire. Add all ingredients in the oven and remove grid and add 3 BIG handfuls of Jack Daniels chips (½ Bag…) directly to fire, (make sure they ignite...) replace grid and add the oven,( DO NOT PUT THE LID ON THE OVEN!! ) close the dome and shut your top daisy wheel to keep all the smoke in the dome. Do not open lid for at least 15-20 min., stir occasionally and bring to a boil….. ENJOY!! 

This recipe usually I can do in 30-45 minutes tops...

Remember that grilling is more than preparing food… It’s time with family and friends, it’s your heritage and childhood memories….

Comments

• g8golferg8golfer Posts: 845
    Never tried the BGE sauce 
  • bluebird66bluebird66 Posts: 2,038
    Looks interesting!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 7,907
    Will give that a go. Hey, posting a photo of your ingredients, very helpful...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • GATravellerGATraveller Posts: 5,436
    Que complaints that real chili doesn't have beans.......

Like the recipe but think I'll leave the top slightly open to allow some airflow.

Thanks for sharing. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • buzd504buzd504 Posts: 2,540
    So no actual fresh vegetables or chili peppers in this recipe?
    NOLA
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 7,907
    buzd504 said:
    Sad, but most of the time a very good canned tomato is better than what I can find fresh.lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • buzd504buzd504 Posts: 2,540
    Photo Egg said:
    buzd504 said:
    Sad, but most of the time a very good canned tomato is better than what I can find fresh.lol
    For tomatoes, sure.  But at the minimum, I'm putting fresh onions and garlic in my chili.  And probably shallots, celery, bell peppers, jalepenos (and whatever other peppers turn up) and a number of other things.
    NOLA
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 23,020
    theres no tomatoes in chili =)
  • tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 9,322
    Nice sounding chili.  I like those BGE sauces too.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 26,712
    I'm sure the chili is great.  Clearly a great way to drum up sales of BGE brand condiments.

• I previously cut all the ingredients and was very time consuming, this recipe can be done in under 45 min. I have tried the Red Rooster and its too hot.. The Egg branded one is perfect... 
    Remember that grilling is more than preparing food… It’s time with family and friends, it’s your heritage and childhood memories….
  • LmidkiffLmidkiff Posts: 436
    I can’t find the BGE Vidalia Srirachi sauce. Is there a substitute?
    McKinney, TX