Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Fig-Stuffed Pork Loin

Credit to Thomas Keller on this one....except I cooked it on the egg instead of my oven...
2 pound pork loin soaked in sweet and salty brine for 5 hours. Butterflied and stuffed with a fig, onion, garlic and fennel jam.  Tied and roasted indirect on the egg at 350 until around 140 IT. 

Rested for 30 min or so and then sliced and served with salad and guanciale and pea risotto.  

Happy with everything except my poor skills at tying any kind of roast!!  I suck and get frustrated as all the filling squirts out and runs everywhere lol. Something to keep practicing I guess....

LBGE in Elm Grove, WI

Comments

• GrillSgtGrillSgt Posts: 1,721
    Perfect pink. Looks damn good to me. 
    Woodford & Barren Co. KY

LBGE, XLBGE, 2 Weber Genesis, Weber 22" kettle

I’d kill for a Nobel Peace Prize

• WanasmokeWanasmoke Posts: 272
    GrillSgt said:
    Perfect pink. Looks damn good to me. 
    @GrillSgt  Thanks and congrats on your 1K! 
    LBGE in Elm Grove, WI
  • StillH2OEggerStillH2OEgger Posts: 1,909
    Boy, does that look tremendous! Nice work.
    Stillwater, MN
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 2,650
    Sounds like a great flavor complement to pork. That risotto- wow

outstanding meal- well done.

Greensboro, NC
  • Ragtop99Ragtop99 Posts: 1,560
    very nice meal!
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • Wanasmoke said:
    Credit to Thomas Keller on this one....except I cooked it on the egg instead of my oven...
    2 pound pork loin soaked in sweet and salty brine for 5 hours. Butterflied and stuffed with a fig, onion, garlic and fennel jam.  Tied and roasted indirect on the egg at 350 until around 140 IT. 

Rested for 30 min or so and then sliced and served with salad and guanciale and pea risotto.  

Happy with everything except my poor skills at tying any kind of roast!!  I suck and get frustrated as all the filling squirts out and runs everywhere lol. Something to keep practicing I guess....

If you want to cook like Thomas Keller, use meat glue.

https://www.amazon.com/Transglutaminase-Meat-Glue-Formula-50g/dp/B00EIGV7MC
    1- LGBE
    1- KBQ C-60 (The Dishwasher)
    I- Blackstone 36" Griddle
    1- Sweet-A$$ Roccbox Pizza Oven
    1-Very Understanding and Forgiving Wife
  • and that looks tremendous by the way. Meat glue is a game changer when doing stuff like this or wrapping something in bacon or prosciutto. 
    1- LGBE
  • WanasmokeWanasmoke Posts: 272
    and that looks tremendous by the way. Meat glue is a game changer when doing stuff like this or wrapping something in bacon or prosciutto. 
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker  This sounds like something I need to play around with!  I’ll check it out
    LBGE in Elm Grove, WI
  • Wanasmoke said:
    and that looks tremendous by the way. Meat glue is a game changer when doing stuff like this or wrapping something in bacon or prosciutto. 
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker  This sounds like something I need to play around with!  I’ll check it out
    We use it all the time. 
    1- LGBE