Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Lunch and dinner

did some thighs with MC garlic and herb (delish) and some drums with sickle busters Texas Hickory. Nothing special except the Rockwood fuel. No smoke added. Plenty for lunches this week  oldest wanted pork t. So, trussed two end to end and rubbed with Dizzy Pig Red Eye Express. Cooked it raised direct. Added some butter noodles and can o corn. Pork cooked to 145 and rested. Tender and delish.  Nap time!

Comments

• g8golferg8golfer Posts: 845
    You like DP red eye express? I got a bottle but have never tried it yet. 
  • pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 10,522
    g8golfer said:
    You like DP red eye express? I got a bottle but have never tried it yet. 
    Love it on pork tenderloin personally. Also great on beef and lots of people love it on chicken. It’s one of our favorites, including my two daughters. They aren’t real picky eaters though. Get yours elf a tenderloin like I have here and give her a go. You won’t be sorry. I don’t smoke the cook justvraised direct @300-350. I find that the sweet spot for roasting the ones I do. I truss to tloins together to get a uniform shape. I I did just one, I’d raise the temp a bit cuz the middle would reach 140-145 sooner. Thanks for lookin. 
  • northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 10,017
    On a roll Pete....on a roll. Happy New Year to ya!
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

Talk-in' 'bout, hey now! Hey now! I-ko, I-ko, un-day
    Jock-a-mo fee-no ai na-né, jock-a-mo fee na-né

• Looking good Pete. Love me some red eye on pork and chicken. Never tried it on beef. 
    Snellville, GA

• JohnnyTarheelJohnnyTarheel Posts: 5,138
    Nice... love me some pork tenderloin 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 16,770
    Great groceries right there.  Congrats.  
    I'm with you on the pork tenderloins.  Quick and eggcellent outcome every time.  
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • ColtsFanColtsFan Posts: 1,782
    Fantastic cooks! 
    Two large BGE, KJ Jr, 36" Blackstone, FlameBoss 300
    Follow me on Instagram @ hoosier_egger
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,468
    Nice cook man!  Good eating ahead. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • FockerFocker Posts: 8,268
    Pork T looks perfect!
    Nice spread.
    I need to egg one soon. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 9,317
    Nice looking groceries Pete.  

I have never tried Red Eye Express before.  I hear lots of folks that like it.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • johnnypjohnnyp Posts: 2,902
    food looks mighty tasty
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • HendersonTRKingHendersonTRKing Posts: 1,180
    That pork, especially, looks delicious.  I rarely do pork tenderloin and even more rarely go without at least a little smoke.  Both are on the list now!
    It's a 302 thing . . .