Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

So much for

Options

Comments

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Dobie said:
     Like we know half the **** that really goes on in the White House anyways. 
    W. apologies to the forum owners, this is so not the place to discuss this.

We don't know .10% of what goes on. Prob'ly way less.

I don't have the original on hand but, Daniel (Pentagon Papers) Ellsberg advised incoming nat'l security advisor Henry Kissinger something like this...

'Henry, you are about to learn some things you never imagined. Afterwards, try not to despise the American public for being stupid. They don't know what you will.'
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    What we’ve seen over the past year or so is just how much our system is held together not by rules so much as norms, and as a result just how easy it is for significant damage to be done.
    By significant damage in the past year, you mean a low in unemployment in over a decade, an all time high Dow, significant decrease in taxes for the majority of Americans, a decrease of 40% in illegal immigration and an almost abolished ISIS?  

Like I’m curious if maybe you need professional help. 
    And I’m curious why you don’t just ask with your regular account.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,539
    Options
    gdenby said:
    Dobie said:
     Like we know half the **** that really goes on in the White House anyways. 
    W. apologies to the forum owners, this is so not the place to discuss this.

We don't know .10% of what goes on. Prob'ly way less.

I don't have the original on hand but, Daniel (Pentagon Papers) Ellsberg advised incoming nat'l security advisor Henry Kissinger something like this...

'Henry, you are about to learn some things you never imagined. Afterwards, try not to despise the American public for being stupid. They don't know what you will.'
    People pay taxes on the left...Hey big government,  throw them a bone
    People pay taxes on the right...Hey big government, throw them a bone.

Oh but to be the tax man...they have all the bones

Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    billt01 said:
    What we’ve seen over the past year or so is just how much our system is held together not by rules so much as norms, and as a result just how easy it is for significant damage to be done.
    be patient...it will swing back your way...
    My way?  What exactly is that?  I don’t really view all of this as some kind of team sport, and frankly I think it’s a problem that so many do.

I just hope the next President is someone who respects the office and who understands that political power isn’t there to be abused just because it can be.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    By significant damage in the past year, you mean a low in unemployment in over a decade, an all time high Dow, significant decrease in taxes for the majority of Americans, a decrease of 40% in illegal immigration and an almost abolished ISIS?  

Like I’m curious if maybe you need professional help. 
    And I’m curious why you don’t just ask with your regular account.  
    you mean @nolaegghead ?
  • billt01
    edited January 2018
    Options
    billt01 said:
    be patient...it will swing back your way...
    My way?  What exactly is that?  I don’t really view all of this as some kind of team sport, and frankly I think it’s a problem that so many do.

I just hope the next President is someone who respects the office and who understands that political power isn’t there to be abused just because it can be.
    @JohnInCarolina

"My way?  What exactly is that?  I don’t really view all of this as some kind of team sport, and frankly I think it’s a problem that so many do."

apologies...y'all's way
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• billt01
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina

"I don’t really view all of this as some kind of team sport"

isn't it though?
    Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,631
    Options
    Focker said:
    It was the infinite power, of the glowing golden unicorn hua hua, that brought it down.  I wouldn't tug on his T-bone.

I bet you don't say that very often, but you have to balance your standards with availability.  Good on you for staying away from the animals, that's something.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    billt01 said:
    @JohnInCarolina

isn't it though?
    Maybe Team America.
  • billt01
    Options
    billt01 said:
    @JohnInCarolina

isn't it though?
    Maybe Team America.
    There are definitely two sides or “teams” which make this system work...
    Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    Dobie said:
    Dobie said:
    The irony of this thread is that the current US President is actively working to try and stop the publication of a book.
    Wow first guy to ever try that....
    I think he is, actually.  Do you remember another instance where a President’s lawyer sent a cease and desist letter to a book publisher?  
    Doesn’t matter, he’s using the legal system not sending special ops to snuff people out about it. If the law denies the request so be it. We have a system and it’s not perfect but it’s going to decide this issue. Like we know half the **** that really goes on in the White House anyways. 
    So when you suggested he wasn’t the first guy to try this you were... just making stuff up?
    Others have tried to block releases of potentially damaging information and have caused stuff to be buried in fear of slander, defamation suits etc. Will this hold up in court with the public figures involved, not likely. Do you think if I knew how to make a nuclear bomb they would let me write a how to book about it and hand out signed copies at the bookstore? 
    Jacksonville FL
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Dobie said:
    Dobie said:
    Dobie said:
    The irony of this thread is that the current US President is actively working to try and stop the publication of a book.
    Wow first guy to ever try that....
    I think he is, actually.  Do you remember another instance where a President’s lawyer sent a cease and desist letter to a book publisher?  
    Doesn’t matter, he’s using the legal system not sending special ops to snuff people out about it. If the law denies the request so be it. We have a system and it’s not perfect but it’s going to decide this issue. Like we know half the **** that really goes on in the White House anyways. 
    So when you suggested he wasn’t the first guy to try this you were... just making stuff up?
    Others have tried to block releases of potentially damaging information and have caused stuff to be buried in fear of slander, defamation suits etc.
    We have not had a previous President issue a cease and desist letter to a publisher of a book trying to stop the presses.  It’s crazy.  Even folks inside the White House know it’s not a good idea, because he really doesn’t have a legal leg to stand on, and all it does is draw more attention to it.
  • g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Options
    John is a racist bigot by the way 
  • billt01
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    John is a racist bigot by the way 
    Still like him, regardless 
    Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    @JohnInCarolina

isn't it though?
    Maybe Team America.
    We have a country, and two main political parties.  When people view things as their “team” winning only if the other “team” loses, it’s a problem.  It prevents politicians from working together if they’re in two different parties.  It leads to things like folks not being able to admit that a politician from their own party is a serial assaulter of women.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,466
    Options
    You've got that sinking feeling...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • billt01
    Options
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    @JohnInCarolina

isn't it though?
    Maybe Team America.
    We have a country, and two main political parties.  When people view things as their “team” winning only if the other “team” loses, it’s a problem.  It prevents politicians from working together if they’re in two different parties.  It leads to things like folks not being able to admit that a politician from their own party is a serial assaulter of women.
    Are you speaking of Bill or Donald?
    Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,032
    edited January 2018
    Options
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    @JohnInCarolina

isn't it though?
    Maybe Team America.
    Both.  That’s kind of the point.
  • billt01
    Options
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    billt01 said:
    @JohnInCarolina

isn't it though?
    Maybe Team America.
    Both.  That’s kind of the point.
    Guess I’m missing your point
    Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Im tired of betting threads will get sunk too quickly.   I’m gonna say this will make it thru The Weekend and be the highlight of many of our Frigid Friday Festivities.   
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,466
    Options
    Only if you search for it as it is headed down the page and nothing will get it back to the top.  Of course the buffalo has not fully struck.  TBD.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    GrillSgt said:
    If even half the stuff being reported is true, it's a miracle there haven't been larger phuck-ups.  We're fortunate that this is a White House who hasn't faced a genuine external crisis yet.
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options
    25,295.87 for the record
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • thetrim
    Options
    25 went the way of randomness @Hans61, but randomness got clipped super quick.
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    thetrim said:
    25 went the way of randomness @Hans61, but randomness got clipped super quick.
    That was a fun thread while it lasted!  Probably the most popular one I ever started :-) 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • thetrim
    Options
    Reminded me of an old joke.  Two guys were pissing off a bridge.  One guy was named John and he said, "Man, this water's cold!"  The other guy was named The Donald, and he looked over at John and said, "Yeah, it's deep too!!!"
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95