Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Would you Believe?? A Uuni Pro on its way!

Options
My wife surprised me with a Uuni Pro for Christmas (to be shipped in March)  Very excited to say the least.  I've been reading up on it and it looks pretty cool.  Reviews are good.  Anyone have any experience to date?   thanks.

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    victor1 said:
    My wife surprised me with a Uuni Pro for Christmas (to be shipped in March)  Very excited to say the least.  I've been reading up on it and it looks pretty cool.  Reviews are good.  Anyone have any experience to date?   thanks.
    Awesome. I don’t have an Uuni but I am loving my pizza oven. You are going to love it. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    I’d be happy too. Congrats brother. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    That's an awesome present - well done by your wife!!
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    I am the uuni hater on this forum.  Nothing wrong with the product, but frustration level with atrocious company communication is why i am no longer an uuni devotee.  Getting information from uuni has been like getting a government worker to admit he or she made a mistake.  Damn near impossible.

Uuni 2s is what i started with and it was a great pizza maker.  Bought the 3 and i gave both away beccause the gas burner option that was supposed to be available by september 2017 well, isnt...and uuni has a funny way of not communicating with those like me who ask for simple answers to simple questions.

For the time i used uuni with pellets it was great.  Just be sure to rotate your za so back edge doesnt get burned.   

I was gifted a gc to williams sonoma and while browsing found a roccbox...after inquiring one last time on uuni gas burner option availability and getting the characteristic non response, i took it as a sign and pulled the trigger on the roccbox.

You will be happy with uuni.  After i got my 2s i posted a dicussion on this forum comparing uuni with bge for pizza making.   Its here somewhere.   Check it out
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Does the Uuni get the chicks like the Roccbox?  Asking for a friend.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    @tarheelmatt,   i dont know brothaman because if uuni made the gas option avail and actually let me know what was going on, id have been able to plan to take it to tailgate

Inthink itnwould as its not the cooker but the pizza that is the panty dropper

Bge on beach in mexico attracted coeds when making za...,roccbox attracted babes when making za at tailgate
    Cant wait until next football season!
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    I have the Uuni 3. Great pizza cooker if you like the high temp napolitano style pies.