Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Any brisket thaw tips

Options
i just noticed my untrimmed brisket for Sunday’s cook froze in the garage fridge. . Any tips out the for thaw and trim. 

Comments

• 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Options
    If it's in a vac bag, I would put it in a cooler full of water.  If not, I would put it in a vac bag...
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,527
    edited December 2017
    Options
    20stone said:
    If it's in a vac bag, I would put it in a cooler full of water.  If not, I would put it in a vac bag...
    for good measure, I throw in an aquarium pump, and a thermometer with alarm to tell me when to add ice.

edit: http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1189388/defrosting-frozen-meat-with-aquarium-pump
    canuckland
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    The low-tech way; put in a cold water bath and change the water every 30-45 minutes til manageable for prep work.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    I would just boil it for a hour or two, then throw it on the egg for the finish...Ok I'm really  into the tito's after our lasest but not leastest Christmas meal....So disregard any future posts.  =) 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.