Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rut Roh !!

Comments

• Well it appears that it is sunk in records time.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    edited December 2017
    No one wants to play a loosing hand anyway. I wonder if it triggers any reflection as to why they had no idea about this stuff that’s three days old ? All the news that’s fit to print LOL! This is an overlooked portion of the MSM bias. They play up the benign minutiae and totally leave out the pertinent info. This way they can continue to hammer their talking points like “everyone has political opinions” “nothing to see here” more media disgrace that makes the hated Trump look correct and them look well, like liars. 
  • I didn't read the bubbles on the cartoon the first time I looked at it. I just assumed it was taking a shot at the folks who think all these tax cuts for corporations and the wealthy won't actually increase our national debt. My bad.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Also, you'll need more of a smoking gun than what's been reported thus far. I'm all for the truth coming out regardless of who looks bad, you know country ahead of party. Can you and Trump honestly say the same?
    Stillwater, MN
  • pgprescott
    Also, you'll need more of a smoking gun than what's been reported thus far. I'm all for the truth coming out regardless of who looks bad, you know country ahead of party. Can you and Trump honestly say the same?
    It appears as though we may find out. The horse is out of the barn. Gonna be difficult to explain some of this stuff. Remember, this is a few hundred out of ten thousand. What could possibly be the benign explanation for meeting in the number two guys office to discuss an insurance plan just in case Trump were to win? Hmm. I’m stuck. 

Im looking forward to my tax cut. The libs bastardized the Reagan stuff too. Once it’s implemented and the economy takes off even further over the next two years, you’re toast. Only problem I see is the gutless GOPers who can’t get out of their own way cuz they fear their own shadow. This is a result of being burnt by media bias over several generations. They need to grab a pair. 
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Both sides (conservative and liberal) believe the opposite media is tricking/lying to their respective audiences. 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf

• Once it’s implemented and the economy takes off even further over the next two years, you’re toast.
    You might be confusing me with someone else, but nothing would make me happier than seeing the economy take off so that our national debt doesn't explode. Having said that, I also have empathy for the millions who do not have access to health insurance and the bankruptcies and other problems that arise for those who don't. I'll let you know how many jobs my company adds as a result of these corporate tax cuts, but I'm not holding my breath.
    Stillwater, MN
  • pgprescott

Once it’s implemented and the economy takes off even further over the next two years, you’re toast.
    You might be confusing me with someone else, but nothing would make me happier than seeing the economy take off so that our national debt doesn't explode. Having said that, I also have empathy for the millions who do not have access to health insurance and the bankruptcies and other problems that arise for those who don't. I'll let you know how many jobs my company adds as a result of these corporate tax cuts, but I'm not holding my breath.
    You might have been asleep for 8 years as our national debt exploded already!

Health insurance is not health care. This is an intentional  muddling of our language for political purposes. It would cost far less to just treat the uninsured and pass the bill on to the insured. Running it through a huge governmental bureaucracy raises the cost exponentially. No, I don’t need a paper written to know this implicitly. My care is not better, it’s worse. My cost is not lower it’s higher. My deductibles and out of pocket expenses are also higher. Lose, lose, lose. This whole thing was simply a scam to transfer wealth for the working middle and upper middle classes to the poor. The rich are never really a factor, ever. It’s the working successful persons who always pay the piper. Always. 
  • pgprescott

Hans61 said:
    Both sides (conservative and liberal) believe the opposite media is tricking/lying to their respective audiences. 
    One side didn’t exist twenty years ago and is a minute fraction of the other side. One makes an effort to be fair, which is in and of itself considered bias by the lefties. 
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    This is exhausting 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • You might have been asleep for 8 years as our national debt exploded already!

Health insurance is not health care. This is an intentional  muddling of our language for political purposes. It would cost far less to just treat the uninsured and pass the bill on to the insured. Running it through a huge governmental bureaucracy raises the cost exponentially. No, I don’t need a paper written to know this implicitly. My care is not better, it’s worse. My cost is not lower it’s higher. My deductibles and out of pocket expenses are also higher. Lose, lose, lose. This whole thing was simply a scam to transfer wealth for the working middle and upper middle classes to the poor. The rich are never really a factor, ever. It’s the working successful persons who always pay the piper. Always. 
    Thanks, but I know the difference between health care and health insurance. I don't think anybody is saying the ACA is perfect but the GOP wasn't offering any ideas or solutions for years when it had an opportunity to do so. I have the same experience you do with care that hasn't improved and costs that are higher (including deductibles), but I think everyone should have insurance. We're all paying for the healthcare of the uninsured one way or the other. Maybe if the wealthy paid at the same rate as the middle class the piper could still get paid.
    Stillwater, MN
  • pgprescott
    edited December 2017
    You might have been asleep for 8 years as our national debt exploded already!

Thanks, but I know the difference between health care and health insurance. I don't think anybody is saying the ACA is perfect but the GOP wasn't offering any ideas or solutions for years when it had an opportunity to do so. I have the same experience you do with care that hasn't improved and costs that are higher (including deductibles), but I think everyone should have insurance. We're all paying for the healthcare of the uninsured one way or the other. Maybe if the wealthy paid at the same rate as the middle class the piper could still get paid.
    Totally untrue! Demonstrably untrue! Canard! When they tried to participate the big guy told them to sit down and shut up because he won! They completely ignored the low lying fruit like selling across state lines and torte reform because of political reasons. You sir are sadly misinformed or willfully ignorant. Possibly both.  What do you mean rate? If you think the wealthy don’t pay, you are crazy! They already pay through the nose.  
  • Totally untrue! Demonstrably untrue! Canard! When they tried to participate the big gu told them to sit down and shut up because he won! They completely ignored the low lying fruit like selling across state lines and torte reform because of political reasons. You sir are sadly misinformed or willfully ignorant. Possibly both.  What do you mean rate? If you think the wealthy don’t pay, you are crazy! They already pay through the nose.  
    I'm talking about the administrations that came before Obama, you know, the ones that ignored the health insurance issue altogether. I mean tax rates, what is so difficult about that. I know you only focus on the amount and not the rate, but I'd prefer to see the tax rates more equitable. I actually support tort reform and more efficient and less costly delivery of insurance (and healthcare), which I would think the republicans could achieve rather easily right now instead of just scrapping the whole thing at the expense of millions who will lose their access to insurance.
    Stillwater, MN
  • pgprescott
    edited December 2017
    Totally untrue! Demonstrably untrue! Canard! When they tried to participate the big gu told them to sit down and shut up because he won! They completely ignored the low lying fruit like selling across state lines and torte reform because of political reasons. You sir are sadly misinformed or willfully ignorant. Possibly both.  What do you mean rate? If you think the wealthy don’t pay, you are crazy! They already pay through the nose.  
    I'm talking about the administrations that came before Obama, you know, the ones that ignored the health insurance issue altogether. I mean tax rates, what is so difficult about that. I know you only focus on the amount and not the rate, but I'd prefer to see the tax rates more equitable. I actually support tort reform and more efficient and less costly delivery of insurance (and healthcare), which I would think the republicans could achieve rather easily right now instead of just scrapping the whole thing at the expense of millions who will lose their access to insurance.
    Maybe you should humor me again and look at the tax tables. It’s callled a “progressive” tax code for a reason. Now, if you want to discuss Capitol gains then that is another conversation. In order to discuss this you would first have to recognize that Capitol gains investments have already been fully taxed prior to investment. To further tax it at high rates a second time would only serve to “chill” investment and devastate economic growth. The status quo prior to Obamacare was superior to what we have now. Not in every single way, that is never possible. There are always some winners and losers. However, the overall care was better and the industry was healthier and the cost was less. I suggest you voluntarily tax yourself at the top rate and then get back to me LOL! Everyone has the right to purchase health insurance and will have after next week. The whole thing is predicated on demonstrable lies. Top to bottom. 

They can barely get a tax cut through. You think torte reform is doable.  They would be slayed by the msm and libs. 
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • pgprescott
    dmchicago said:
    Lol! Let me know when you graduate from proof reader! Is the proper term pissoff or piss off. LOL. 
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Sorry...it's just hard to take your rants seriously when basic grammar is beyond your grasp.

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • pgprescott
    dmchicago said:
    Sorry...it's just hard to take your rants seriously when basic grammar is beyond your grasp.

Oh.... ok. 
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    You get your news from Infowar and you expect to be taken seriously. I have yet to find a single "theory" of Jones that proved out. 

https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2017/02/08/104-typical-headlines-alex-jones-infowars/215218
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    @westernbbq the MSM will get there because they will be forced. They have and will “resist”, but they will not be able to hide the truth. They will only be able to attempt to minimize and rationalize. It will take a couple weeks. This is going to be quite funny. Even funnier than election night. It’s pretty clear already what has happened. 
    I hope so brothaman.  I love the youtube media meltdown montage when they realize DJT was going to win....Obamas arrogant mike drop replying to @realdonaldtrump saying at least he'd go down as president exposed what a phony BHO really is....

The media will need to answer and is suffering self inflicted death by 1000 paper cuts....
  • pgprescott
    GrillSgt said:
    You get your news from Infowar and you expect to be taken seriously. I have yet to find a single "theory" of Jones that proved out. 

https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2017/02/08/104-typical-headlines-alex-jones-infowars/215218
    I did. Simple internet search. I already knew of the facts. You won’t find this anywhere but Fox because the others are corrupt. I know. I know. You feel just the opposite. Imagine your horror a few days from now when you realize you are totally wrong about everything! Wait that will never happen as you are without the ability to think for yourself  

if you are suggesting that this is fake news I assure you it isn’t. The only fake news is the MSM only reporting the stupid texts that are childish and ignoring the extremely incriminating ones. You couldn’t be more wrong if it was your life’s mission! 
  • pgprescott

@westernbbq the MSM will get there because they will be forced. They have and will “resist”, but they will not be able to hide the truth. They will only be able to attempt to minimize and rationalize. It will take a couple weeks. This is going to be quite funny. Even funnier than election night. It’s pretty clear already what has happened. 
    I hope so brothaman.  I love the youtube media meltdown montage when they realize DJT was going to win....Obamas arrogant mike drop replying to @realdonaldtrump saying at least he'd go down as president exposed what a phony BHO really is....

The media will need to answer and is suffering self inflicted death by 1000 paper cuts....
    Thank god for Fox and a few other outlets. This would never see the light of day otherwise. DJT is absolutely correct about the media. I find it disgusting when even the conservatives defend the media. They are not impartial  but rather the opposition. They have been for nearly fifty years. He has exposed them like others were unwilling to do. 
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    edited December 2017
    You are wrong yet again, I find them all corrupt. I listen to very little "news" on TV. Bill Moyers and the BBC occasionally. 
  • pgprescott
    GrillSgt said:
    You are wrong yet again, I find them all corrupt. I listen to very little "news" on TV. Bill Moyers and the BBC occasionally. 
    Nice! Good luck with that.

Well, I’m not wrong about the the pertinent stuff. I cannot understand why you are even arguing. You can simply go look for yourself and see I have properly informed you. 
  • pgprescott
    dmchicago said:

This from a guy who can’t change a battery! Also can’t cook a chicken or figure out if ribs will hold a half hour. You sir are one to be revered! Just a genius. 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited December 2017
    dmchicago said:

This from a guy who can’t change a battery! Also can’t cook a chicken or figure out if ribs will hold a half hour. You sir are one to be revered! Just a genius. 
    LOL
    And just like that, @dmchicago turtles up.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• pgprescott
    GrillSgt said:

I don’t actually read or frequent that site. As I said I just did a search and it popped up. I already knew the facts prior to the search. It was a demonstration of how you could go about verifying the truth. 

On on another note, the fact that you frequent media matters is quite telling they are just about the equivalent on the left. LOL

i couldn’t make this stuff up. You guys are gold! Thanks for sharing!