Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PSA- Change in carrier for SRF-PSA

Options
lousubcap
lousubcap Posts: 32,396
For those of you who get shipments from SRF, sometime between late October and now their carrier of choice shifted from UPS to FedEx.  I mention this only because I have had great success in getting the UPS driver to always leave any packages by the garage door as I see them when I get home and it is out of the street line-of-sight.  
I have been unsuccessful in achieving the same level of support from FedEx.  90+% of the time the package is at the front door (clearly visible from the street) and a good 75' more travel from the driveway.  Go figure.  
Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    PM me your address and let me know when an order is inbound. I'll keep an eye out.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    For sure!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Firstworldproblems
  • lousubcap
    Options
    True - And I live in the first world and just wanted to pass along some info in the event some have not had the opportunity to experience the change.  
    No good deed...
  • Woodchunk
    Options
    Thanks for posting, I just expirenced a package delivery from fedex. It took 5 days to get delivery after it was at the center in my city. Who showed up, a contractor driving a rental truck. 
    I called their # and where or if the package is left is completely up to the driver
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    It seems like UPS and mostly USPS are on their game, but FEDEX blows. They suck. I go so far as to not order something if I see fedex is the only option. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Remember that it’s the holidays and there are a lot of temp workers out there. I’ve gotten several packages recently that weren’t anywhere close to my address.  
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    It seems like UPS and mostly USPS are on their game, but FEDEX blows. They suck. I go so far as to not order something if I see fedex is the only option. 
    I haven't had any recent problems with FedEx/UPS/USPS.

I have come to hate Amazon Logistics tho. Wish I could get rid of them and go back to UPS.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    It’s sad you even have to worry about things like this, too bad. Good luck. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    It is still amazing the logistics we have at our convenience. To be able to place an order for anything, basically, and have it delivered to your door.
    That being said, I am spoiled. I too, get frustrated when a package I had ordered from France gets delivered, in good shape, to my next door neighbor, taking all of 5 days....
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky