Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's Your Weird Food Combo?

Options

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    spam spread on an onion roll with goobers pb&j and miracle whip

rice a roni sandwiches on white bread with ketchup

love salt on apples and though normal, it freaks people out nowadays. that might be todays lunch, a trip to the orchard
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • MattBTI
    MattBTI Posts: 417
    Options
    Banana cheeser. Sliced banana in a bowl with melted sliced american cheese. My dad made it for my brothers and I when we were young. 
    Pratt, KS
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,338
    Options
    SaltySam said:
    I thought chili and cinnamon rolls was weird enough.  But thousand island?  That IS funky.  And, I’ll be trying it this weekend.  

I have a couple: Strawberry jelly on a sausage biscuit is awesome.  I also put peanut butter and mayonnaise on bananas. As a kid, I used to eat shredded coconut like cereal, but instead of milk, I’d pour Tang on it.  
    Chili and cinnamon rolls is the norm in central Indiana. They even serve it that way for school lunches. Right up there with chili and a peanut butter sandwich (What I prefer)
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• fishlessman
    Options
    the traditional bean sandwich on white
    fukahwee maine

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Cheez-It and Nutella
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Cheez-It and Nutella
    Now that's just gross. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Funny how peanut butter appears in so many of these combos.

Do we need a smooth vs chunky thread?

If I did, I bet Tarheelmatt would steal it.  Damn thread stealer.
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Anyone else wondering how many of these postings were 420 inspired?

Phoenix 
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    I used to spend the summer at my grandparents' farm.  You had a big breakfast at 7a, then the biggest meal of the day was lunch at 11a  (called 'supper'), then a light 'lunch' at 4pm, then a 'dinner' around 8pm which was just a snack or leftovers.

But at the 4pm 'lunch' was a table full of cold cuts, summer sausages, cold vegetables from the garden, preserves, molasses, pickles, white bread, etc and all kinds of sandwiches were devised.  But my grandfather always had sliced summer sausage on white bread with grape jelly.  If it was in season, a thin slice of kohlrabi.  I still crave that ever time someone gives me deer sausage.  
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Legume said:
    Funny how peanut butter appears in so many of these combos.

Do we need a smooth vs chunky thread?
    You start a thread saying "I like chunky PB".  Then I'll start one asking "What's your favorite PB, chunky or smooth?".  

Okay? 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    two of them...  navy beans and mashed potatoes mixed.   Late night snack = boil ramen noodles, crack an egg into it, stir, when done apply hot sauce and black pepper. 
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • Scott805
    Scott805 Posts: 349
    Options
    Spoon full of peanut butter in my stew.

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct, Blackstone 22" Griddle - Finally have a decent cooking area!

Dallas, TX

• xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,112
    Options
    One of my favorite meals from College- I named it Bachelor Surprise and SWMBO has banned it from my diet for all the years we have been married.

1# Ground Beef- seasoned how you wish but I just used Black and Red Pepper.
    Drain Beef add can of Ranch Style Beans simmer until warm.
    At same time make a box of Kraft Mac n Cheese (wasnt all the options there are now).

Get Bowl, add Mac n Cheese, Hollow out center and add Beef and Beans combo.  Makes 2 servings.
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,171
    Options
    xfire_ATX said:
    One of my favorite meals from College- I named it Bachelor Surprise and SWMBO has banned it from my diet for all the years we have been married.

At same time make a box of Kraft Mac n Cheese (wasnt all the options there are now).

Get Bowl, add Mac n Cheese, Hollow out center and add Beef and Beans combo.  Makes 2 servings.
    You could fancy it up and call it deconstructed hamburger helper.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    xfire_ATX said:

We ate something similar as kids. 

Dad ad doesn't eat cheese so:

ground, beef, beans, stewed tomatoes and elbow pasta. Dubbed "poor man's stew"
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Mom made macaroni and tomatoes.  

Elbow macaroni, stewed tomatoes, then topped with american cheese.  

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Crispy dill pickle on a chunky Peter Pan peanut butter sandwich.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• fishlessman
    Options
    xfire_ATX said:

We ate something similar as kids. 

Dad ad doesn't eat cheese so:

ground, beef, beans, stewed tomatoes and elbow pasta. Dubbed "poor man's stew"
    never thought to put beans in american chop suey
    fukahwee maine

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    CTMike said:
    Just so we’re all clear here, the first person to say they like ketchup on their hotdog will be taken out to the woods for a beating.
    Ketchup only belongs on one food only - French fries. 
    Ketchup on chips (French fries)?  Are you a German or something?  Every civilised person knows that ketchup on chips is wrong.  Salt and vinegar as seasoning and gravy / curry sauce / mushy peas on top.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Not sure if this counts but here are two more of mine.

1. Stewed Tomato and Okra sandwich's on white bread
    2. I like to have sex on top of the refrigerator with football helmets on.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • fishlessman
    Options
    ketchup on fries, chili on fries, cheese gravy on fries, malt vinegar on fries, its all good. mushy peas on fries is very weird =)  good malt vinegar is getting harder to find here. vinegar and salt we used to call german fries, always served waffle style at the beaches in the northeast
    fukahwee maine

• Eoin
    Options
    ketchup on fries, chili on fries, cheese gravy on fries, malt vinegar on fries, its all good. mushy peas on fries is very weird =)  good malt vinegar is getting harder to find here. vinegar and salt we used to call german fries, always served waffle style at the beaches in the northeast
    There you go.  That's what I have on my chips. https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_7?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=sarsons+malt+vinegar&sprefix=sarsons,aps,287&crid=1WF1STLKNB0NV

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    Eoin said:
    CTMike said:
    Just so we’re all clear here, the first person to say they like ketchup on their hotdog will be taken out to the woods for a beating.
    Ketchup on chips (French fries)?  Are you a German or something?  Every civilised person knows that ketchup on chips is wrong.  Salt and vinegar as seasoning and gravy / curry sauce / mushy peas on top.
    You can’t even spell civilized...  ;)
  • Eoin
    Options
    Eoin said:
    CTMike said:
    Whose language is it?
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Eoin said:
    CTMike said:
    Whose language is it?
    Ours since 1776...
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Eoin said:
    There you go.  That's what I have on my chips. https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_7?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=sarsons+malt+vinegar&sprefix=sarsons,aps,287&crid=1WF1STLKNB0NV

im going to order that, used to get malt in the generic gallon form, name unknown, now its down to two sources for me, london pub and heinze which are both discusting, especially the sugary heinze one.
    fukahwee maine

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,361
    Options
    I put beans in my chili
    Jacksonville FL
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    Eoin said:
    CTMike said:
    During my early days in the military, I would find myself in Dunoon, Scotland. I would go to the local shop and order fish and chips. The wonderful lady who ran the shop would be dumping salt and vinegar while asking "D'ya want salt and vinegar?" If you said no she just stopped sooner. Then she would hand it to you wrapped in yesterday's newspaper. Had to buy napkins if you wanted them.  Never had better. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Legume
    Options
    xfire_ATX said:

This has always been known to me as chili-Mac.  Can of Hormel or Dennisons when I was a yout, but we mixed it all up.  Did the same for my boys when they were playing football - massive carb and calorie infusion for them.
  • Legume
    Options
    @northGAcock just a simple acknowledgement, I read it.