Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Moist- rack of pork

Recently bought rack of pork from Costco. Decided to marinate via Alton Brown's method for about 30 hours (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/pulled-pork-recipe-1914045). 
Rubbed with mustard to hold homemade rub of paprika black pepper, cumin power and garlic powder . After an hour into the cook (arount IT 120) , applied glaze (simmered peach preserve, apple cider vinegar, BBQ sauce and honey). Cooked at 385-300. Pulled at 145IT. 
It came out very tender and juicy.  Will do it again. I believe marinating pork makes it very moist and juicy. I had cooked rack of pork twice without marinating which were great tasting but were not as juicy. 
Bucks County, PA
Minimax, XL, Flameboss 200, Roccbox

Comments

• ThatgrimguyThatgrimguy Posts: 3,830
    Looks outstanding!!! I too like to brine my pork roasts.  I also find a dry brine works very well.

Biloxi, MS
    Guild's Grocery BBQ Team
    The Grocery Cart
    XL / Small Green Eggs
  • Those look terrific! We're big fans of the rack of pork as well.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Thanks guys. 
    Bucks County, PA
    Minimax, XL, Flameboss 200, Roccbox

• Nice!  Thanks for posting.   Haven't done one yet, so gives me ideas for future cooks.
    SoCal  XL BGE 2016, MES, 18.5 WSM,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen