Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2nd turkey? No problem, Sinaloa grilled street turkey

Options
Legume
Legume Posts: 14,635
long story, but ended up with a second bird so marinated one in @The Cen-Tex Smoker citrus achiote marinade http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1188884/achiote-citrus-marinated-chicken-with-tomatillo-salsa

I had to scale up for a turkey and didn't add enough achiote (ran a wee bit short), so the color wasn't quite as deep.  I spatched the turkey then separated the legs and thighs from the breast and wings.  I added a package of three legs as well.  The marinade didn't penetrate into the breast too much, but all of the dark meat is money.

I roasted this at 325 raised for a while and then cranked up the heat to 425 as it neared the finish line to crisp the skin.  I made the tomatillo salsa in his post and it's fantastic - I used dried guajillo, ancho, arbol and chipotle.  Lots of heat, so maybe dial down the dried chipotles next time.  

Comments