Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Google Fiber OT

Options
2»

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,192
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    @DoubleEgger
    It never goes away.

I hate that for you...
  • Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    We were supposed  to get Google fiber here in San Jose, but they decided not to do much with fiber anymore  and concentrate on high speed wireless. I was hanging on to my 6 Mbps DSL hoping they would do something, but I couldn't wait any longer. I switched to Comcast cable, and now get over 100 Mbps reliably. When at home, even the picture heavy posts load quickly. At work, not so much. I wish this site could automatically resize ginormous photos.
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    DMW said:
    YukonRon said:
    CTMike said:
    DMW said:
    Hans61 said:
    How fast is it going to be?
    As fast as lightning.
    In fact it was a little bit frightening.
    But they fought with expert timing 
    I drink to much. Thought it was Bohemian Rhapsody....Queen. Likely too old for you young whipperrappers.
    Carry on, humiliation is nothing new to me....
    The quotes were from a song that is one year older than Bohemian Rhapsody, kids these days...

That was my very first album.  Brother bought it for me.  Wore that thing out.
  • EggHill
    Options
    @YukonRon definitely part of the BBN declared Bio major as of now. I’d imagine I’m one of the younger if not youngest member on this forum at 19, however, don’t let my green age fool you I’ve been doing cooks since I could lift a BGE dome. Lots of online research and experimenting has given me the knowledge I currently posses. I’ve been watching these threads for along time just never had thought to join, very glad I did. Astounded by the community here very helpful and compassionate. I’ve lived in Lexington for about a year now but was not far from there originally. Sending this as I sit in the tree stand back in ol’ Somerset. Go Cats! =)  
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,126
    Options
    Legume said:
    DMW said:
    YukonRon said:
    CTMike said:
    DMW said:
    Hans61 said:
    As fast as lightning.
    I drink to much. Thought it was Bohemian Rhapsody....Queen. Likely too old for you young whipperrappers.
    The quotes were from a song that is one year older than Bohemian Rhapsody, kids these days...

That was my very first album.  Brother bought it for me.  Wore that thing out.
    Bohemian Raphsody? Gonna have to see if that is on spotify.  Not much into hippie music, but you guys generally have decent taste in music.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    EggHill said:
    @YukonRon definitely part of the BBN declared Bio major as of now. I’d imagine I’m one of the younger if not youngest member on this forum at 19, however, don’t let my green age fool you I’ve been doing cooks since I could lift a BGE dome. Lots of online research and experimenting has given me the knowledge I currently posses. I’ve been watching these threads for along time just never had thought to join, very glad I did. Astounded by the community here very helpful and compassionate. I’ve lived in Lexington for about a year now but was not far from there originally. Sending this as I sit in the tree stand back in ol’ Somerset. Go Cats! =)  
    @EggHill
    Used to own a farm that backed up to Lake Cumberland, in Parnell. Pool room cheeseburgers in Monticello, and helped keep the Doughboy standing.
    Got my Chem E. at UK.
    Go Cats!! We need more of the BBN in this forum, which has a lot of Tar Heels and Blue Devils.
    Get used to the Laettner shot. I see that Fvcker all the time....in good fun. They say.
    Hope your harvest is trophy worthy.
    Peace.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    CTMike said:
    DMW said:
    Hans61 said:
    As fast as lightning.
    I was 13 when Bohemian Rhapsody was released, not necessarily such a youngster. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Desolation Boulevard.
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    Funny that Google is trying to go wireless while a North Texas wireless company is starting their first fiber service in my little town. The city, population 1300, is laying ftth fiber in ground and by poles for the entire city. Then a wireless company is providing Gigabit service. They were the only bidder for service. From what I've heard, options are supposed to be 50 Mb or 1 Gb service. I emailed asked for something around 100-150 Mb as an option. Streaming HD uses up a lot of bandwidth. Ma Bell was supposed to run fiber service but backed out. Said there was no money in it since there's no high density housing. 
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    4k streaming uses less than 25mb/sec