Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Stall

Options
agreen
agreen Posts: 8
I'm fairly new to smoking on the egg.  So, what does "the stall" mean?  Is this where it reaches a desired temp. and then you let it rest off the egg for it to reach the final temp?

Thanks!

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • UncleBilly
    UncleBilly Posts: 225
    Options
    +1 on amazingribs.com. Order Meathead’s book.  It has a wealth of information.  
    XL  Central Ohio
  • tenpenny_05
    tenpenny_05 Posts: 286
    Options
    Most larger pieces of meat when cooking get to a point where the internal temperature will stop rising for a long period of time. This is called the stall. Usually caused by moisture beginning to evaporate from the meat so the heat energy from the grill is going toward evaporating water and not heating your meat.
    You can crank your heat up to get through it faster or just wait it out.
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Second hand Medium BGE, Second hand Black Kamado Joe Classic, Second hand Weber Kettle, Second hand Weber Smokey Mountain
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,343
    Options
    Hopefully still not in the stall 5 months on  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.