Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A couple new rubs

johnnyp
johnnyp Posts: 3,932
edited October 2017 in EggHead Forum
Ive been seeing a brand of rubs blowing up on social media, so I ordered a variety pack to try.  Called Four 41 South  

Cooked on some drum sticks and some drumettes.

On the drums, I used Sweet Uncle Ts Game Changer for half.  On the other half, I used the All Purpose rub.  for the drummettes, I used the Honey Suckle rub.

Quick review- the honey suckle was legit on the chicken.  The other two were tasty as well, but both Brooke and I preferred the honey suckle.

Looking forward to trying these on other proteins.  

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,749
    Great looking wings
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Nice!!  Thanks for review
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Nice wings Johnny.  Thank you for the review.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,314
    Great wings and thanks for the review.  Fortunately I have dialed back rub buys to the point where I am looking for the next great (non-self-made) brisket rub.
    Just ordered some Hardcore Carnivore Black in hopes of finding the holy grail.  I am getting too lazy to continue to make my own (Oakridge Black Ops (my last commercial buy) is too sweet for me).  
    If I can't find an off-the-shelf solution then I will continue on the current path. FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    lousubcap said:
    Great wings and thanks for the review.  Fortunately I have dialed back rub buys to the point where I am looking for the next great (non-self-made) brisket rub.
    Just ordered some Hardcore Carnivore Black in hopes of finding the holy grail.  I am getting too lazy to continue to make my own (Oakridge Black Ops (my last commercial buy) is too sweet for me).  
    If I can't find an off-the-shelf solution then I will continue on the current path. FWIW-
    Cap,
    I have the rub for you @DoubleEgger turned me on to this.  It's bottled at a local place. Made Carey's prime brisket Jim and I cooked at BC shine.  Pm me if you trust I'm not a serial killer and I'll set you up.  
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • HTTRQ
    HTTRQ Posts: 19
    I used honeysuckle on pork chops tonight.  Legit. 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Every time I say "this is my last new rub to try until I use what I have..."
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • I think you need a blind taste tester Johnny. Wink wink nudge nudge
    When do y'all teach me the secret handshake?
    XL BGE, 36" Blackstone, and a Wah Wah pedal
    Williamsburg, VA