Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT - Leftover meatloaf sandwich.

Posted the meatloaf I cooked the other day and today for lunch I had the last of it as a sandwich for lunch. Leftover cold meatloaf, mayo, diced onions and pickled jalapenos. Very good and beats a Big Mac any day.

Comments

• BPFBGEBPFBGE Posts: 19
    The best part of meatloaf is having leftovers for sandwiches. I like to put a piece of string cheese in the center of my meatloaf so i can have a little bite of cheese in every piece.
  • epcotisbestepcotisbest Posts: 2,035
    BPFBGE said:
    The best part of meatloaf is having leftovers for sandwiches. I like to put a piece of string cheese in the center of my meatloaf so i can have a little bite of cheese in every piece.
    Yeah, I always look forward to meatloaf leftover sandwiches. Cheese in the middle of the loaf sounds interesting. Might have to try that.
  • That's it. 

I've been inspired. We need to have a Meatloaf sandwich throwdown. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 11,297
    Posted the meatloaf I cooked the other day and today for lunch I had the last of it as a sandwich for lunch. Leftover cold meatloaf, mayo, diced onions and pickled jalapenos. Very good and beats a Big Mac any day.

It is the real purpose of making the meatloaf in my opinion. Gawjus.
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

“Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.”
  • WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 6,687
    Leftover meatloaf is as good as leftover pizza, if not better. Leftover meatloaf might be better than day one meatloaf. Meatloaf rules!

• Agree with everyone above on leftover meatloaf. That sandwich looks superb.
    Stillwater, MN
  • That looks amazing.

Tampa, FL
  • HubHub Posts: 710
    Aint's nothing wrong with it!
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • epcotisbestepcotisbest Posts: 2,035
    WeberWho said:
    Leftover meatloaf is as good as leftover pizza, if not better. Leftover meatloaf might be better than day one meatloaf. Meatloaf rules!

It does rank way high on the "better the next day" scale.