Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Great Deal... *OT*

Options
~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

Comments

• smokeybreeze
    Options
    Up here in MN, these have become the "inflatable vaginas". We had a family member bring a couple of these to a summer party and when one of the 3 year olds emerged from one end of the inflatable, there were many a gasp. Then again, maybe this family's minds are in the gutter...

just sayin...
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I saw these, or a reasonable copy thereof, in use at an outdoor concert this past weekend. Pretty cool actually. I immediately started thinking about them for backpacking.
    However, I did notice at the concert, a seed popping and landing on the surface, was not a good thing, and unfortunately for those using it, funny as hell. 
    Aside from that, they looked like I needed one.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I saw these, or a reasonable copy thereof, in use at an outdoor concert this past weekend. Pretty cool actually. I immediately started thinking about them for backpacking.
    However, I did notice at the concert, a seed popping and landing on the surface, was not a good thing, and unfortunately for those using it, funny as hell. 
    They were making popcorn?
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Lit said:
    YukonRon said:
    They were making popcorn?
    No.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YukonRon said:

That is quite funny. Perhaps they should move to the edibles for their high wire act of partying. For me.....I see that thing being a **** getting out of when i would have to go pee. Would have to come with an ejector functionality.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    FWIW @YukonRon I have tried one of these and I would take a hammock any day for camping hiking. They are smaller, lighter, and more comfortable. Plus, you don't have to worry about finding a clear patch of ground. This of course assumes there are plenty of trees in the area. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• gbvinla
    Options
    I was gifted one of these for use on the beach. If you weighed about 90 pounds it probably would work fine. I had trouble at 210 with the air escaping . I don't recommend them.
    Large BGE x2  Now we're cookin' in Dothan Al.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    FWIW @YukonRon I have tried one of these and I would take a hammock any day for camping hiking. They are smaller, lighter, and more comfortable. Plus, you don't have to worry about finding a clear patch of ground. This of course assumes there are plenty of trees in the area. 
    I have a hammock I use, when on my own. I really like it. I have a Feathered Friends sleeping Bag I use with it. Light and easy, and extremely comfortable. Alpine hiking above the treeline, is what I was thinking about these.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • BizGreenEgg
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    I have a hammock I use, when on my own. I really like it. I have a Feathered Friends sleeping Bag I use with it. Light and easy, and extremely comfortable. Alpine hiking above the treeline, is what I was thinking about these.
    FYI sport.woot.com is selling a decent hammock underquilt for pretty cheap today.  I always have a cold backside when using my REI down bag with my hammocks and an underquilt works wonders.  Althought, the FF bags are really nice, so it might not be an issue for you.
    Large BGE & mini stepchild & a KJ Jr.
    The damp PNW 
  • ScarletFire
    Options
    YukonRon said:

Haven't seen seeds since the early 80's. What kind of dirt were they smokin'"?

• YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    FYI sport.woot.com is selling a decent hammock underquilt for pretty cheap today.  I always have a cold backside when using my REI down bag with my hammocks and an underquilt works wonders.  Althought, the FF bags are really nice, so it might not be an issue for you.
    @BizGreenEgg

I have done 25F, and did not have any issues with the FF in a hammock. I had on my ppo so that helped too, I am sure.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:

Haven't seen seeds since the early 80's. What kind of dirt were they smokin'"?

I am thinking home grown, window box, but I really have zero idea. It is the Bluegrass state.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Daughter ordered one like this a few months back - was going to be the best thing ever.  Ordered red, which was really more like pink when it arrived.  Unfortunate color for that thing.  It hasn't seen the light of day after we started calling it the vag chair.

It's very funny to see that moment when realization washes over someone and they no longer see it as a chair.