Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - New BGE vent top??

Options
HeavyG
HeavyG Posts: 10,352
Saw this elsewhere and wondering if BGE is coming out with a new vent top. Apparently their trademark application for the term "rEGGulator" has been turned down (at least for the time being).

Cheaper for them to make perhaps but not seeing how this would be an improvement. 
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    One hole instead of six.  That's genius right there.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    Is that a SFMT now?
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    Is that a SFMT now?
    Yep, that's the SFMT. Hope that isn't the case.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    As a PSA, urban dictionary does NOT have the correct definition for DFMT. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • drumdudeguy
    Options
    Yeah I recently got the Smokeware Cap. That thing is really nice and it's dishwasher safe so it won't get gunked up. I think it provides better temp control too. Love mine!
    Charlotte NC - Large Big Green Egg (2009) w/Nest and Handler
    Accessories: PSWoo, Woo, Adjustable Rig, Smokeware Cap and Temperature Gauge
  • GATraveller
    Options

Like 7 minute abs

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    As a PSA, urban dictionary does NOT have the correct definition for DFMT. 
    Had to look. :rofl: 

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,687
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I seem to remember they had a slide top like this back in the late 90's.  The daisy wheel top was an accessory and it didn't slide open, nor had the lift handle......it just had the petals.  I wonder if that's it and someone is just having some fun.

Edit......guess not.  https://trademarks.justia.com/870/18/reggulator-87018335.html

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Hopefully this is a joke, otherwise it's just sad.

Phoenix 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I seem to remember they had a slide top like this back in the late 90's.  The daisy wheel top was an accessory and it didn't slide open, nor had the lift handle......it just had the petals.  I wonder if that's it and someone is just having some fun.

Edit......guess not.  https://trademarks.justia.com/870/18/reggulator-87018335.html

My first large had that top.  One hole, lid slides open.  A step back for the ol' Blackberry.
    Maybe they sould try irrEGGulator?
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Most importantly, how does it mount up?

It's too bad they were denied just trying to prevent stealing of their property. They're usually damn good too.
  • stlcharcoal
    Options
    Focker said:

My first large had that top.  One hole, lid slides open.  A step back for the ol' Blackberry.

You still have it??  That's a relic right there......those were only around for a short time.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Maybe they are coming out with a new, basic, low budget Egg or special edition Reto Model.lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    That would still change its setting when opening Sir Egg unless it was placed just right.  
    Ditto, love my SmokeWare cap ('cept I keep burning myself on it).  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Most importantly, how does it mount up?

It's too bad they were denied just trying to prevent stealing of their property. They're usually damn good too.
    Well you kind of beat me to it.  I was formulating something.  Nate Dogg and Warren G have the trademark, but it may have expired.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Rte1985
    Rte1985 Posts: 304
    Options
    Smoke ware cap for the win!  No offense to people rockin daisies but not having to reset after opening the lid and no more foil tepees for rainy grilling makes it worth every penny
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,192
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I get the rainy day part, but you do NOT have to reset the daisy wheel every time after opening the egg. 
    Agree except for the rainy part. You don't need a foil hat either 
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    Rte1985 said:
    Smoke ware cap for the win!  No offense to people rockin daisies but not having to reset after opening the lid and no more foil tepees for rainy grilling makes it worth every penny
    Why do you have to reset the Daisy opening the lid?
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Ummm if that's the innovation we were all clamoring for after the kj upgrades somebody needs to rethink that 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    Yeah I recently got the Smokeware Cap. That thing is really nice and it's dishwasher safe so it won't get gunked up. I think it provides better temp control too. Love mine!

I have a dishwasher and my smokeware cap is all gunked up.
    NOLA
  • Rte1985
    Rte1985 Posts: 304
    Options
    hondabbq said:
    Rte1985 said:
    Why do you have to reset the Daisy opening the lid?
    Every time I opened it it would open completely up.  I did start using the handle to aid in locking it in better.  I must say that my first cook on the egg was an allnighter and it poured !  Read on some forum... :s ...someone mentioned tepee for foul weather so that's how I was rolling early on.  Bought smokeware short into my egging days so guess I never mastered the daisy..oh well.. Something new to learn all the time.
  • FearlessTheEggNoob
    Options
    All these egg names they started coming up with the past couple years are funny.

I actually like my stupid handle, bit maybe I should change it to something more badass like...

The Egginator  B)
    Gittin' there...
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Meanwhile at the BGE think tank.... :disappointed:

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Focker said:

You still have it??  That's a relic right there......those were only around for a short time.
    Lol, relic is definitely appropriate.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• BeerMike
    Options
    Oh, absolutely genius!   Talk about innovative!   ;)  BGE's got it happening! 
    I think it's time for another beer!
    BGEing since 2003
    2 Large BGEs 
    Sold small BGE, 3rd and 4th large BGEs and XL BGE (at wife's "request"....sad face)
    Living the dream in Wisconsin