Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Short ribs - WITH PICS

TheToastTheToast Posts: 285
Haven't done these since the beginning of this year. I thought I'd entirely screwed up the temperates but somehow these turned out the best I've ever done. Really juicey. 

Started at 110c, then realised they'd never be done on time and that someone on this forum recommended 140c before, so after a few hours I let them rise to 140c. Took 10hrs overall. Didn't weigh them. Probably 2kg. They wobbled like a jelly and oozed moisture when squeezed. 

Not sure I entirely removed the membrane because the top bark was a tough layer, but was great with some beef gravy. 

Comments

• NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 17,216
    Beautiful! Very nice presentation!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • johnnypjohnnyp Posts: 3,276
    Very handsome plate of food.  I'd crush some 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 18,291
    Friday night brisket on a stick.  Great cook, result and magazine quality pic right there.  Congrats.
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • Really nice - that's making me hungry!
    Memphis, TN 
    LBGE, SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet, Akorn (still in the box)
  • Very nice
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • 110c, 140c, 2kg, you need to put that in American. No seriously great looking cook. I have never tried beef ribs, but posts like yours are giving me the fever. 

You nailed it! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 17,216
    edited September 2017
    johnkitchens said:
    I have never tried beef ribs
    John, you've gotta change that buddy. 

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Great presentation. Where did you get the ribs from?
    Large BGE and MMX, both with platesetter and cast iron grid. Superpeel for pizza, iDevice for temperature.
    Cooking on the large in deepest, darkest England since Oct 2015. MMX added to the family Mar 2016.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff http://www.thecooksdigest.com
    --------------------------------------------------------------

• Great presentation. Where did you get the ribs from?
    This guy: http://www.markymarket.com

He lives near me in North London. 2kg of short ribs to feed four, only £15! And really excellent quality, dry aged. 

My local butcher also does them, but frozen, so haven't tried. 
  • That. Looks. Delicious. 
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at http://familycookbookproject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • TheToast said:
    Great presentation. Where did you get the ribs from?
    This guy: http://www.markymarket.com

He lives near me in North London. 2kg of short ribs to feed four, only £15! And really excellent quality, dry aged. 

My local butcher also does them, but frozen, so haven't tried. 

Large & 36" Blackstone
    Memphis, TN

• YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 13,393
    Dude.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • westernbbqwesternbbq Posts: 2,314
    Yes please....
  • Nice! Looks great!
    LBGE
    SC AL
  • 110c, 140c, 2kg, you need to put that in American. No seriously great looking cook. I have never tried beef ribs, but posts like yours are giving me the fever. 

You nailed it! 
    Or maybe we need to follow the rest of the world and start using  metric and Celsius measurement.
    Suffolk,VA .XLBGE ,Blackstone griddle.