Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brand New Large Egg "in the box" for $699-Too good to be true?

Options
There's a hardware store in my town offering BGE large eggs for $699 (just the egg, no stand or any extras). Is this just a good deal or is it the normal price? 

Comments

• Kent8621
    Options
    seems just higher than egg fest prices, I think mine was $659 at the north Georgia eggfest without a nest.  I will have a nest I no longer need in a few weeks depending on where you are located.

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• Gallowayja
    Options
    Kent8621 said:
    seems just higher than egg fest prices, I think mine was $659 at the north Georgia eggfest without a nest.  I will have a nest I no longer need in a few weeks depending on where you are located.
    I'm in Cartersville, Georgia. I don't want to buy it if I can find a better deal, ya know?
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Check if it has the new hinge design. Bet not. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    You will not do much better on a NEW egg from a dealer. IMO
    If this store will provide future warranty and you are looking to buy, go for it.
    I would spend a few extra bucks and buy from a location that will be providing future warranty parts. 
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Gallowayja
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    If this store will provide future warranty and you are looking to buy, go for it.
    I would spend a few extra bucks and buy from a location that will be providing future warranty parts. 
    When you say future warranty parts are you referring to the fire ring & fire box?  I have been getting my current parts from BGE in Atlanta. I take them my broken parts and they give me new. Are there some dealers that will do that for you? 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    When you say future warranty parts are you referring to the fire ring & fire box?  I have been getting my current parts from BGE in Atlanta. I take them my broken parts and they give me new. Are there some dealers that will do that for you? 
    If you are close enough to BGE Atlanta, great, I would do the same. Bruce at BGE is a great guy.
    But yes, the rest of us not close enough get replacement parts from our local dealer. I'm lucky as my local dealer is awesome and always take care of me.
    Others around the US are not as lucky. Seen many posts about dealers not wanting to help or always charging shipping to get warranty parts.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • MattBTI
    MattBTI Posts: 417
    Options
    I'm a dealer. Just a large thats a good deal. They aren't making much off of you at $659
    Pratt, KS
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

I would be tripping over myself to buy at that price.  Add about 300 for where i live.

Phoenix 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    That is a good deal. FWIW Roswell Hardware usually matches the Eggtoberfest Demo egg packages during the month of October. So, if you need the nest you might do a little better. 

I was just searching and it looks like Roswell Hardware is now Atlanta Grill Company. Their web site doesn't have much info but their facetagramer page has some info:
    https://www.facebook.com/AtlantaGrillCompany/

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    You can usually find the nest, mates, etc on Craigslist if you wanted them. You can usually find a nest and mates for around $50 2nd hand 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Kent8621
    Options
    I saw online, Atlanta Grill Store is doing an eggtoberfest special and to call for pricing.

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Just buy it if you want it. You'll spend more money in gas and time trying to save $40 driving across metro Atlanta. 
    Brother Double, I couldn't agree more. Most people end up spending more in gas by trying to save a nickel. I honestly know some people who will drive 50 miles (or more) because something is advertised as a little cheaper. I have never understood this way of thinking. 
    If you want something, just whip out that big, fat wallet and buy it. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Gallowayja
    Options
    I did some calling around and found a place that sells large eggs for $599! I think I will buy 2!
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I did some calling around and found a place that sells large eggs for $599! I think I will buy 2!
    Dang! Double check and make sure they're a certified BGE dealer before purchasing 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota